Very cool :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
That is great!

·
Registered
9,929 Posts
So far I never liked costumes for dogs but this made me literally LOL. So fitting for a black dog. Your kids will be the coolest tricksters.
Our kids are grown, otherwise I would have copied your idea. He looks so happy, despite his appearance. Have fun on Halloween with your family.

·
Banned
7,657 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I attached my attempt at copying this exact photo last halloween! Difficult to get him to sit still and of course he wanted to lick the paint haha check out the instagram to see it better. (IDK how to put photos up on here well)!

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Someone did an excellent job on drawing the skeleton but how on earth did you get him to sit still that long? Extra treats for everyone ?
Lets just say it required a kong filled with peanut butter to the brim and he still finished before I could finish my painting haha

·
Registered
283 Posts
Loving it!!!!!!I know it is not as easy as it looks. Kong great ida!!!
Sorry for the crappy picture quality but thats all I knew how to do haha I thought of using glow in the dark white paint next time!!! cool walking around w the kids ....we just did it to greet the kids at the door haha

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
Sorry for the crappy picture quality but thats all I knew how to do haha I thought of using glow in the dark white paint next time!!! cool walking around w the kids ....we just did it to greet the kids at the door haha

Wow glow n the dark that is going to look wild !!!This is max first halloween with us. Not sure what he will be. Would love to dress max up as augustus from the movie willy wonka and our chihuahua as a oopa loopa would be very fitting!!!not sure how i would pool that off. Last year my daughter was an indian and carried around our chihuahua in a front papoose-so cute!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wow glow n the dark that is going to look wild !!!This is max first halloween with us. Not sure what he will be. Would love to dress max up as augustus from the movie willy wonka and our chihuahua as a oopa loopa would be very fitting!!!not sure how i would pool that off. Last year my daughter was an indian and carried around our chihuahua in a front papoose-so cute!
Have you seen the youtube of german shepherd puppy spider?! do it do it do it!!! I've seen the costumes for sale

·
Banned
7,657 Posts
I attached my attempt at copying this exact photo last halloween! Difficult to get him to sit still and of course he wanted to lick the paint haha check out the instagram to see it better. (IDK how to put photos up on here well)!
Oh pictures are to small! Can you post them on tinypics or photobucket and copy the img/forum link and paste them here??

I know nothing of "instagram" heard of it, never used it myself.

Lick the paint off??? Uh oh that sounds like a future White Boxer as Zebra issue! :p

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LoL these are great!!

Newlie makes an excellent Bat-dog!! haha

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to attempt this. My concern was also how to get him to hold still and not just lick the brush out of my hand or run off with it ha!!

Jaudlee: good call on the kong. I know Kai is just going to want to lie down the entire time. This will be a comical process, I'm sure.

I LOVE the idea of glow paint!! I may just have to 'borrow' that idea! I bet the kids would go wild over it!!

Gotta go look at this shepherd spider now...lol

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far I never liked costumes for dogs but this made me literally LOL. So fitting for a black dog. Your kids will be the coolest tricksters.
Our kids are grown, otherwise I would have copied your idea. He looks so happy, despite his appearance. Have fun on Halloween with your family.
Thank you so much!! We usually have a great time! We're lucky to have an awesome neighborhood that really gets into it. Tons of fun! We do trunk-or-treat at the Church and then when it gets dark, head back to the neighborhood!

This will be the first year Kai has gone with us, but I'm excited. It always makes me happy to include him in as many family activities as possible. And of course...it makes HIM happy to get to keep a watchful eye on 'his people' ;)

Hope you have a wonderful Halloween as well!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts