German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Typically in puppy class Minna will have decent focus at the beginning and by the end of class she could care less about any treat and what I'm asking her to do.

But last night in class she didn't want to pay attention at the beginning and then got more focused at the end. And I will say that typically her focus is amazing, she's one of the few puppies I've seen that has absolutely no problem looking anybody in the face -- it's like she's trying to figure everyone out or something.

Anyway, so last night we were working on sit-stay a little bit. And since we've already been doing this, Minna had no problem sitting there (and staying) while I tugged a little on her leash, moved around, stomped my feet, etc etc. She stayed for at least 30 seconds, maybe longer.
Thought it was pretty impressive for an almost 5-month-old puppy. I think she was the only one in class that would sit and stay like that. :D

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Typically in puppy class Minna will have decent focus at the beginning and by the end of class she could care less about any treat and what I'm asking her to do.

But last night in class she didn't want to pay attention at the beginning and then got more focused at the end. And I will say that typically her focus is amazing, she's one of the few puppies I've seen that has absolutely no problem looking anybody in the face -- it's like she's trying to figure everyone out or something.

Anyway, so last night we were working on sit-stay a little bit. And since we've already been doing this, Minna had no problem sitting there (and staying) while I tugged a little on her leash, moved around, stomped my feet, etc etc. She stayed for at least 30 seconds, maybe longer.
Thought it was pretty impressive for an almost 5-month-old puppy. I think she was the only one in class that would sit and stay like that. :D
Sound like she is doing very well with her ob good job!

We trained with treats at first but Molly was not that receptive. Once we started training with a flirt pole well we have been making excellent progress in short time!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Minna likes treats/food. She's very food motivated. Just sometimes in class it gets a little repetitive, I think. She likes when we start doing new things though; like the emergency recall -- which she likes more because of the treat/reward she gets for it! lol

Tested her sit-stay at home. And her and Sobacca both sat and stayed in place for over a minute. Was proud of both of them. Sobacca hates the sit-stay, he prefers to lay down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts