German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiona and Gilda are littermate sister. They have not seen each other since January. They are getting along great. In play, I have noticed that Gilda raises her hind leg like she is a boy to pee on Fiona. She doesn't pee, but just looks like it. What is up with that? Bad? Ok to let happen?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It must be weird if no one else heard of it. What would it be if a boy dog did it to another dog?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Idk. Sound like a dominance issue.
My girls pee like Jack, but only after watching him do it. When they're marking.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
My boys pee like girls they squat. But I had a female aussie mix who always lifted her leg. :shrug: I guess its my luck to have gender confused dogs.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Dogs don't have gender. Gender is a category that is socially constructed by humans. Dogs have a biological sex and that's it.

Lots of female dogs lift a leg to mark. I had two who did. I also had one who humped other dogs because when she was a puppy she had a dog friend who did that and she thought it was the thing to do when you played with another dog. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, they are humping each other too. My mom about ripped an owner a new one after her dog repeatedly tried to hump Fiona and Gilda. Her response was he is fixed. Luckily I did not hear what she said to my mom or I would have given her a lesson on dominance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts