German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay first of all I am not a bad mommy I promise. This evening while doing the potty parade(3 dogs done one at a time- I don't know what else to call it) I had the puppy out first and the other two were waiting at the door to go out next and when I came back in to get the next one I noticed a funny smell and looked down at my goldens scruff and she had singed herself on the fireplace(ventfree) it has been there the whole time we lived in this house(five years). I started laughing at her after I realized what had happened right as the other two started sniffing her and looking at me. She didn't burn to the skin just kinda singed her scruff in about a 4 inch area. I felt so bad looking at her. When I let her out to go potty the Lab(Cheyenne was standing in the same place so I had to move her before she got singed too. Please don't hate me I have never had this happen before.:headbang:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Okay, usually, when they're already golden-brown, you're supposed to stop cooking...;)

That said, you might want to attach some crinkled-up aluminum foil to the area they're coming into contact with. That should cut down on the burnt dog hair smell in the house. ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
singed golden

"That said, you might want to attach some crinkled-up aluminum foil to the area they're coming into contact with. That should cut down on the burnt dog hair smell in the house. ;)"

Attach to the dog or the fireplace? :sunburn: She is more of a red golden to begin with, I thought I would try to get a new breed of golden -Charcoal-. Just kidding she is my first dog and I love her to pieces.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Okay, usually, when they're already golden-brown, you're supposed to stop cooking...;)

That said, you might want to attach some crinkled-up aluminum foil to the area they're coming into contact with. That should cut down on the burnt dog hair smell in the house. ;)

:spittingcoffee:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Attach to the dog or the fireplace? :sunburn: She is more of a red golden to begin with, I thought I would try to get a new breed of golden -Charcoal-. Just kidding she is my first dog and I love her to pieces.
lol. The fireplace, or at least whichever part of it's getting that hot and that the dogs might come in contact with.

...However, I was tempted to say 'the dog', if only in hopes for video of a golden wrapped in aluminum foil. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts