German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm sort of re-posting and I know I got an answer from you, GSDgirl, but just wanted to see if anyone else out there had heard of this food. I'm sooo confused as to what to do for the ole boy. Vet recommended hypoallergenic food - they carry Royal Canin, but suggested I go to the pet store and ask for something similar like Natural Balance and the first store I went to (which is a "green" store and local, so I wanted to support them) had this in stock (as well as other brands that I'd heard of) as they feel its better than NB because it is duck and potato rather than potato and duck, if you know what I mean. So, I bought just a small bag to start mixing in with the old food. I wouldn't say he is gobbling, but then again, I'm sneaking in meds in there too and he has finally figured it out! The company is Natural Answer Pet Foods out of California, but I can't find any link to a website or anything. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
HM not sure I would go with a dog food that you can't find info on it or a brand that no one has heard of. I used Natural Balance fish and sweet potato. It worked ok, but I wasn't super impressed and Rocky wasnt either.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what GSDgirl said too - thanks guys! I'm just making sure I have all the info. before making a complete switch. The vet suggested the potato and duck NB or something like that. The pet store liked this Simply Natural as it listed Duck first rather than potato first. I have to say - dog food is way more confusing than what to feed a baby!!

So, what do you feed Rocky now?

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Currently he is on Nature's Recipe Adult Dog Lamb Meal & Rice Formula and knock on wood he is doing very well. Lamb meal is the first ingredient and the protein is ok.

We have been through Puppy Chow, Pedigree, Purina One, Authority Lamb and Rice, New Balance Fish and Sweet Potato, and.Nutro Natural Choice Ultra.

He has food allergies and as long as I keep Corn Gluten Meal out of his diet he is ok. Someone was asking about Avoderm and I think that is about the same as this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts