German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago a family came by to check out Gizmo. It was very promising. He was running around and playing with their kids as if he was born for it. The husband immediately fell in love with him and yesterday we met at a park to check out if his Lab and Gizmo would get along with each other.

Well, no issues with the two males either.
After four hours at the park the husband wanted to take Gizmo overnight to see if it works in his house as well as in the park. Only issue, the wifes eyes started itching and overnight she had such a severe allergic reaction to Gizmo that my friend (their neighbor) brought him home.

It would have been an amazing fit.

Anyhow, after she brought him home I did a bit of yardwork. Took the weedeater I got at Aldis to the Patio and Peppermint that seems to take over one side of the yard. Cleaned up all the mess that MaDeuce did the other day by chewing up one of my old muck boots, and picked up all the poop.

Right now, I'm actually sitting, for the FIRST TIME in the two years, in our backyard, while I'm typing this.
I got the rocking chair and camping table (which is PERFECT for this purpose) at Aldis as well, and watch the dogs.

I have no illusions, our backyard is a dog yard... it will never be as pretty and with lush green, full grass like our frontyard, but it is simply beautiful to sit out here with the dogs. All those birds chirping, my gosh it's beautiful.
Bernard, our boarding dog is stretched out, letting the sun shine on his belly. Gizmo is right next to me in the shade while Nala is sleeping behind me.
Indra is sitting in the door to the Sunroom, having a watchful eye over everything and Yukon is crated inside to give him a break. I will later rotate him with Gizmo and Bernard.

Dirks and Lucy, the two Retrievers left us yesterday. Bernard is a constant guest at our house, visiting from Saturday until Tuesdays. Before that I've had him in Daycare at my old job.

I love how much freedom my dogs have. I love how the girls are getting along now. Every morning they are out for at least two hours, steaming off their energy. Nala and Indra playing, while MaDeuce is circling them with her food bowl in her mouth. I love how well Gizmo fits into this pack but I know I can't keep him.

While we are still struggling to get out of that mess, we are slowly doing it. I probably should have not bought the rocking chair (40 bucks) and camping table (20 bucks) but I did it anyways because that way I can stay out in the yard with the dogs and supervise constantly, instead of either having to stand or sit on the stairs.

This is such a beautiful, peaceful moment. I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am that I have a complete pack again. Indra and I have an invisible bond that is unbelievably strong, and has gotten even stronger through this entire ordeal.

Sometimes I'm wondering if we will ever get there, if we will ever fully certify and become operational. With all the struggles and still not having a car, I'm thinking "It's just not supposed to be" but then I'm looking at my dogs, how much freedom they have, what a good life they have, being DOGS, being allowed to be dogs, having everything they need and more and I'm like "Who cares if we don't. We've tried, I know we could do it, I've got capable dogs but the circumstances and odds are against us."

My dogs and I are happy. Despite the struggles and woes we still live a good life.

So right now, I'm enjoying what we have, a quiet and peaceful afternoon in the sun with my pack of dogs... . :sunburn:

.... and sometimes... I truly feel like a beastmaster.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
It is those moments that is why we do what we do because to "sit on a hill with a dog is to know Eden."
Cant remember who said that I think Milton maybe but the beauty your talking about is the gift they give us.Glad your getting some time to enjoy . I think your purchase was a smart investment.

·
Registered
31,907 Posts
Funny how things just look and feel and smell better when the sun is shining.

I had the girls (my nieces I babysit on Sundays) with me and Babs we went to the park, and everything was just awesome. I had her on lead and off lead, and then up on a picnic table while I read Elena's AR book -- They were playing.

On the way back a mini-dachsund charged, barking into us, and I just put my hand down to get the collar of Babs, called them to get their dog, and waited while the kids stood like trees, and Babs did not try to eat the little monster-dog.

Great time. Sunshine. Makes for a much better aspect.

I am reading the Hobbit to the girls. When the sun shines NE Ohio is to me The Shire.

This summer so far 5 of my girls have been on outings with my sister's kids. It's great. The girls, and the girls all make me so proud.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Sounds very peaceful :) A few more hours of work then I'm back home enjoying the gorgeous weather, definetely some backyard fun time planned for this evening :D

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny how things just look and feel and smell better when the sun is shining.

I had the girls (my nieces I babysit on Sundays) with me and Babs we went to the park, and everything was just awesome. I had her on lead and off lead, and then up on a picnic table while I read Elena's AR book -- They were playing.

On the way back a mini-dachsund charged, barking into us, and I just put my hand down to get the collar of Babs, called them to get their dog, and waited while the kids stood like trees, and Babs did not try to eat the little monster-dog.

Great time. Sunshine. Makes for a much better aspect.

I am reading the Hobbit to the girls. When the sun shines NE Ohio is to me The Shire.

This summer so far 5 of my girls have been on outings with my sister's kids. It's great. The girls, and the girls all make me so proud.
Ah, I am reading the Hobbit too. :D

It is those moments that is why we do what we do because to "sit on a hill with a dog is to know Eden."
Cant remember who said that I think Milton maybe but the beauty your talking about is the gift they give us.Glad your getting some time to enjoy . I think your purchase was a smart investment.
It was a great moment. No stress, no thinking about "What if"... just the dogs and I and the sun.

I think so too about the investment. I've got to be out there and I also have to do work on the computer, so I can be out there with the dogs, work on the pc while being able to sit in the sun. :wub:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Your day sounded absolutely wonderful. Sometimes we are always looking into the future and trying to push things along. But then we have the moments of bliss like you had today, we know we are exactly were we are meant to be at that time. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts