German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Soon we will be getting out GSD puppy shipped to us. Since we never did this before (shipping with the airplane) I have few questions for the people with this experience.
The flight is over 4 hours long; hence we expect to see some mess in the crate. That is not a problem; however we are not sure if we will need to clean our puppy the first day it arrives?

How did you deal with the situation of potentially dirty puppy on the first day of his arrival? Constructive suggestions and shared experience is welcomed. We don't want to unnecessary stress out the puppy on the first day.

Thank you.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Wear clothes that you don't mind getting dirty and bring a change if you have a long drive home. I'd give him a bath too. We picked our puppy up at the breeder and they bathe each pup the day it goes home

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I would definitely wash a new puppy if it was covered in any sort of bodily fluid. Not only can't you snuggle him, but it's very hard on his skin. Clean it off right away and get it over with.

·
Registered
906 Posts
We had Brody shipped to us. We made sure the bring plenty of towels and a wet wash cloth to wipe him off. We did take him out of his cage when we got to the car. I couldn't stand to leave him in the crate filled with poop. We wrapped him in a towel and then gave him a bath when we got home since he was soiled all over. We also brought a dish with some water in it so he could have some fresh water! Good luck! Also make sure you bring a pair of scissors or a knife to cut the zip tie off that the airport/breeder uses to secure the crate. Good luck!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts