German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken in a beautiful female that I am looking for a rescue to assist with spaying and adoption. I can foster for a short time. She is a full younger sis to my silver sable male. I am in Michigan.

Jorja is 13 months old and UTD on shots. She is housebroken both to being let out on a schedule and to a doggy door. She is great with dogs large and small (I have two Shepherds, a Dane mix and two Chihuahuas). I do not have cats so cannot verify if she would do well with them. She is your typical young Shepherd in that she needs guidance but is a very good girl. Leash trained, rides well in a vehicle. She does prefer females.

I am hoping a rescue is available to assist with the spaying fee and the screening for an adoptive home. She is a beautiful, young and highly adoptable girl but I do not have the resources to ensure a good home for her (home check, followups etc...) any adoption fee would go to the rescue, of course. I would love to keep her but I know my limits and cannot keep her long term.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi-
Do you have any photos you can post?

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
WHere did you get the dog? Also, you should call the shelters nearest you and find one that is absolutely safe (no kill) so you have a backup place for her.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally Posted By: dogsaverWHere did you get the dog? Also, you should call the shelters nearest you and find one that is absolutely safe (no kill) so you have a backup place for her.
I got her from the original breeder who can no longer care for any of their dogs - she is the last one to place.

There are no safe shelters near me - this is Michigan and people are moving out of the state at an alarming speed and leaving their animals behind - shelters are beyond full!!

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Re: Photo of Silver Sable female

Where in Michigan?

·
Registered
107 Posts

Wow, she's really pretty!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

Oh she is beautiful!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Originally Posted By: KaylynThere are no safe shelters near me - this is Michigan and people are moving out of the state at an alarming speed and leaving their animals behind - shelters are beyond full!!
That is SO sad

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
She's GORGEOUS!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally Posted By: sprzybyl
Originally Posted By: KaylynThere are no safe shelters near me - this is Michigan and people are moving out of the state at an alarming speed and leaving their animals behind - shelters are beyond full!!
That is SO sad
You have no idea how sad...
I have had a registered Quarter horse and two registered Paint horses GIVEN to me because people can not afford to feed them due to the economy. And these are not "junk" horses. Cats and dogs are being just turned out in my area and horses are being turned out on state land in northern MI.

I have been storing furniture for a friend who moved out of state several weeks ago. He came back and tried to rent a U-haul to take things with him and he was told it was a two to three week wait for a U-Haul because they were being used to leave the state but none were returning.

·
Registered
443 Posts
She is stunning!

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
Do you have an SPCA in your area that will help with the $$. You would have to take her to adoption events. The one in Kalamazoo is really a great place, hopefully you have one in your area as well. Is there a petfinder link for her?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I am most interested in this pup. Any transport help available to New Jersey??

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Get some prices on spaying this girl. If you can foster, or find another good foster home for her, I will bring her into my rescue.
I am located in NJ but do nationwide adoptions. Please email if you are interested.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts