German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a neutered dog penetrate a female????
Hawkeye has decided he needs to mount Chelsea, she's a boxer and weighs about 60lbs, Hawkeye is around 80lbs and is now 10.5 months old. He just started this he also has been following her all over even when she goes out to do her business he's right there, like he's harrassing her. I feel bad for her because sometimes she goes out do to her business but he won't leave her alone long enough do to her stuff and then she comes in because she's cold, if I catch him trying to follow her out (the dog door) I stop him but during the day when were not home I'm not sure what he might try to do. We are going to start separating them during the day.
But I'd like to know if he can penetrate her or is he only mounting her for dominance.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really..... stupid me.... my husband said yes but I was sure not, so I told my husband I know were to find the information. Thanks, now I have to tell hubby he was right.... haha. Now any suggestions on how to stop this harrassing and mounting that he's doing. And why would he start this now?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Now any suggestions on how to stop this harrassing and mounting that he's doing. And why would he start this now?
He's a teenage boy, they're pretty much all the same at that age, regardless of the species.;)

Seriously, keeping them separated when you're not home is a good idea at least for now. (he may outgrow it)
When you're with them and he starts you can teach "leave it", you can distract him with something else,or if he understands "no" you can say that too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts