German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
wanted to know if anybody's dog experienced any side effects using Comfortis, and if so, what were they? I just started one dose last month and I have nodticed that he's a bit more clingy than usual. not enough to be alarmed about but enough for me to nodtice. was wondering if anybody has experienced this in their dog.
I'm kind of on the fence with this product and odn't know whether to discontinue it and go back to Frontline Plus. I did find a tick on him last week and I know Comfortis doesn'dt cover the tick problem. confused.....any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I give COMFORTIS to the Hooligans and haven't noticed any behavior similar to what you're describing. As far as side effects, Slider had a sizure so he gets FRONTLINE when the other Hooligans get their COMFORTIS.

I use FRONTLINE for ticks.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I used to use Frontline and it stopped working. Now all I use is comfortis. I love the stuff. Never had any side effects with it on any of the dogs.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
comfortis is so far the only flea med i havent seen side affects with. Riley seized with frontline and Shelby gets a rash with advanage products. My vet recommended comfortis as very little dogs show side affects. Is it possible your dog may have just had an experience that made him a little weary of being away from you? It could be something small you wouldnt have noticed. Have you spoken to your vet about that being a possible side effect?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good idea about asking the vet.I have to take Romy in for allergy shots in a couple of days and I'll ask then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
wanted to know if anybody's dog experienced any side effects using Comfortis, and if so, what were they? I just started one dose last month and I have nodticed that he's a bit more clingy than usual. not enough to be alarmed about but enough for me to nodtice. was wondering if anybody has experienced this in their dog.
I'm kind of on the fence with this product and odn't know whether to discontinue it and go back to Frontline Plus. I did find a tick on him last week and I know Comfortis doesn'dt cover the tick problem. confused.....any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance:)
I gave my Max, a special needs dog, Comfortis and he was dead in six months. He was shep/mix but if I were you I wouldn't give it to any dog and I think it should be re investigated and possibly removed from the market. They told me he had Cancer and even if he did Comfortis should not have been used. Hope your best friends are ok.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Comfortis requires a prescription. There is a warning about using it with the Ivomec 1% oral solution. Says to seperate by a week. I have been using oral Ivomec over 20 years, and I just seperate by two weeks from the comfortis. We even tell people at my vet clinic to not give at the same time with HW prevention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts