1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
That's awful. Even sadder is that people who torture and kill animals today are likely to become tomorrow's mass killers.

·
Registered
411 Posts
my ex girlfreidn was studying to be a G-man (fbi investigator) and was interested in serial murderer behavior. She had a degree in pyschology and was doing grad work in criminal behavioral pyschology. She told me that the vast majority of all serial killers with a known and documented pysch history displayed behavior such as those punk a** school kids did. killing and butchering/dismembering animals is the first indicator of some seriously sick people. lock them up and throw the key away.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
But statisticly, they won't. They'll be the cashiet at the grocery store, the dental assistant cleaning your teeth, the lady at the bakery handing you your rolls. Now THAT is scary enough without thinking of these kids one day in positions of handling vulnerable people with or without compassion: hospital orderlies, nursing assistants, etc. Scary.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I may be totaly wrong here but it has always been my belief that it's the shock value.
Example:
50 yrs ago, something such as a divorce was considered shocking!
Rock and Roll came along, it was shocking! Elvis and the 'hips' how dare he swng his hips on TV!

Along comes the video games, what are they? All blowing people away, it's not even considered a good game unless it's really graphic. TV, has been the electronic babysitter of people for a long time, do most parents even know what there kids are watching?

There was a survey done about the sex and violence on TV (I'm sure there have been many) and it's really appauling as to what is considered 'normal' now.

Another example, I like the show 'Two and a half men' but then when I read about it in the study it hit me, yes, it's all about sex.
Ossie and Harriet weren't even allowed to sleep in the same bed years ago, now sex is the biggest topic on primetime TV.

Do you see where I'm going with this? Life has little value anymore. And not saying that the majoraty of us can't make the right desisions, I'm saying that the people who are a 'bit' off to begin with have already been so stimulated with the 'new' norm that they will go to the most extreme to get there thrills.
They are after the shock value!

·
Registered
411 Posts
brigthelf i agree...the though of those kids being out and about in society makes my skin crawl...more than a slap on the wrist is deserved. Even if they got more than after school detention it all get sealed on their juvie record so they won't have to disclose it in the future. shameful really.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
SICK. Lucky they are not my children!! I am sorry but they are disgusting and I am a firm believer in an eye for an eye.

G

·
0 Posts
Re: Sickening behaviour of school students - non-g

Just awful! And what's also terrible are the replies the article has gotten from students there saying the matter has been "blown out of proportion". Really? Just what level of condemnation is appropriate for dismembering these animals? Too bad kiddies. You have sick classmates and if your primary concern is how bad it makes your school look you need to get another perspective.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts

Regardless of whether or not the students actually did anything ... if I were a parent of a child in that school and I read this comment (posted to the link above) I sure would be questioning the quality of the schooling:

Quote:Im from bellerine sc and nobody does not no what even happined, there has been to many rumers that have been going around. The media and expecially the teachers who are running the show have made everything go out of proporation. These people have made out that this is a mass murder. Students from bellerine now feel uncomfortable walking down the streets because of thinking that people will think it was them who killed the animals or are bad people. i no that the students involved did the wrong thing and should be punished but not like this. People dont complane about what happins to horses and grey hounds when they loose races. This happins every day and i have not heard one word about this in the papers or t.v. The person who wrote in who does not no there facts should not say a word aboult this as you have allready don enough damage by spreading false facts. To the assistant principals murray long and jon shepherd you never listen to the right people who no what actually happined.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

If those were my kids, they'd be begging and pleading to be sent to jail.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts

Yet another example of how our society has really gone downhill. I am sure that God is really ashamed of "our" behavior and sorry that he even created humans.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts

What grade is this? By the look of the spelling this person should be spending more time on studies.!
If I were the parent, I would think real hard about summer school!

·
Banned
2,415 Posts

If the kids were mine they would be required to work with a rescue group, a good humane society or a animal rehab facility.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts