German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been adding Showstopper to my girls food every day but I was wondering if their is something better I could be supplementing instead. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I think you'd be better off with a high quality omega 3 supplement, a bit of vit e and fresh foods added to the diet. The fresh foods could be a combination of things that your dog likes, digests well and that you can find easily- egg, fish, meat, etc.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you'd be better off with a high quality omega 3 supplement, a bit of vit e and fresh foods added to the diet. The fresh foods could be a combination of things that your dog likes, digests well and that you can find easily- egg, fish, meat, etc.
I do feed raw one meal of the day and Origen the other meal. I do give them 400IU of vitamin E. I also give them Salmon oil.I just read good things about Showstopper but was wondering other peoples opinions. I am not looking to waste $$ but I will purchase additional supplements if they are going to be beneficial to my dogs general health and appearance.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Showstopper is a very good product. I use it too. I also give the salmon oil in the winter from the dryness. It already has the vitamin e in it. Right now she is on puppy gold, preparing her for a breeding. I also feed a raw diet, and had her on Origen for her other meal, but stopped the kibble and just feed the raw now. Unless she is haveing a specific problem you need to supplement for, I would just keep doing what you are. Are you feeding a specific raw diet (commercial) or mixing your own? I was worried that I wouldnt feed the raw right and miss some nutrients. So I feed Oma's Pride, it is a frozen raw diet. Lots of products to choose from.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Here's the ingredients, maybe someone knows something similar but better:

Ingredients
Show Glow: Beef fat, Stabilized rice bran, Chicken oil, Canola oil, Safflower oil, Stabilized flax, Extra virgin olive oil, MCTs (Medium chain Triglycerides), Evening primrose oil, Borage oil, Odor neutralized menhaden fish oil, Plant-derived DHA, Show Pro: cooked chicken, Cooked beef, Cooked whole egg, L-Glutamine, L-Arginine, L-Taurine, L-Carnitine, Show Antioxidants: Freeze dried blueberries, Citrus flavinoids, Grape skin extract, FOS (fructo-oligosaccharides), Cruciferous vegetable mix powder, Beta Carotene, Lactobacillus acidophilus casei/latis, Lycopene, Show Joints: D-Glucosamine hydrocloride, TMG (trimethylgcine), MSM, Chondroitin sulfate, Hyaluronic acid, Show Muscles: Creatine monohydrate, L-glutamine, K9 Vite Fuel: Vitamins and mineral microencapsulated to ensure higher bioavailability, reduce oxidation loss, negate offensive taste, Natural calcium form whey isolates, Citrate, Potassium chloride, magnesium oxide, Sodium Chloride, Potassium iodide, Choline bitartrate, Vitamin E, Pyridoxine HCL, Thiamin monohydrate, Calcium lactate, Paba, Sodium selenite, 80 plus trace minerals as naturally occurring in colloidal polysilicates, Natural flavorings

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problems at all. I just want to offer my dogs something additional to their diets as long as it is beneficial and a worthy addition.

I am sure I could not offer it and they would be fine. I could also offer them alpo and they would also be fine. I am just asking if Showstopper is a quality addition I can add to my dogs diet or is there something else that might be better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I understand Zayda. Some people think supplements are only to fix a problem. They can certainly be used for general health maintenance. It's like if you drink a greens shake. You would be fine without it, but you hope to nourish your body with all the antioxidants and phytonutrients in the shake for overall health. I also like to do the same thing for my dogs. I don't use Showstopper, but I do use Feed-sentials and some extra sprirulina/chlorella. I also give coconut oil and red palm oil. A couple times a week I feed a couple raw eggs and a couple times a week a can of sardines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.