German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dog Ary is a rescue who has always been very submissive. Yesterday my neighbors little girl accidently let ther cockapoo out into the back yard ( he was on a chain in the house). Ary and her little brother Vanner ( my sisters Pom-bichon mix) were out back Vanner was on a leash but Ary was just laying in the garage. So the cockapoo Jake went after Vanner who is only about 10lbs to Jakes 25lbs my sister who has never seen a dog fight ( i've worked at two kennel/doggy daycares and have seen alot of them ) grabbed her dog out of the way and got bitten on the hand. I was coming up behind Jake and grabbed the chain to pull him away and got cut on my hand. Then all of a sudden Ary came out of no where growling and snarling and tried to attack Jake! She has never ever shown aggression before but man i think we all know not to hurt the ones she loves.Just had to share since it was such a surprise to everyone.
P.S. about ten minutes later Ary went back to letting the 18 month old walk her around the patio table just as calm as can be.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Seems to me she was protecting you cause she didnt react until you got hurt. At least you know what her reaction will be in the future and thank goodness noone was seriously hurt. Is you sisters hand ok?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it wasnt a real dog fight. At the kennel i once saw a pit bull mix tear a sheltie up so bad i had to drive her the the e vet and she almost died. It was more of a release of energy and aggression and my sister's hand just got a tooth mark or two. The dogs were both also unhurt we checked them both out for any punctures or cuts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts