German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
View attachment 578333

Captain Falcon, on the day I adopted him: he was 8 years old with health problems which didn't interfere with his quality of life - he could walk from sunup to sundown.

I wasn't expecting a 'pupsicle'! The surprise of Captain Falcon made me laugh, thank you :love:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
They have the most distinguished faces. There is a look German Shepherds get with age of older, wiser and experienced. This is Elke, she was supposed to be 8years old when we adopted her 3 years ago. She is a sweet girl; her vet calls her a spunky old girl.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
I rescued an approx 12 year old golden retriever named Cara a couple years ago. She passed just days after her adoptaversary, but during the year we spent together she stole my heart. She was the kindest, sweetest dog you'd ever meet. She should have been a therapy dog, something about her demeanour was so soft, I've never met a dog quite like her. She would sit on top of you and demand pets, she wanted all the love all the time haha.

I miss her like crazy but I would do it again in a heartbeat, I just wish I'd found her sooner! One day when I'm ready again I hope to adopt another old soul, but not quite yet.

Plant Dog Carnivore Dog breed Grass
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog
Sky Dog Plant Cloud People in nature

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sonny is almost 18 years old, born in 2003. First pic was taken on his 17th birthday, second pic was taken when he was around 2. Diagnosed with CHF last year, currently on medication, mostly blind and deaf, but when we bring pizza home he instantly knows and totally acts like a puppy. Sometimes I wonder if any of his siblings are still alive.

Dog Felidae Dog breed Carnivore Jaw

Head Dog Eye Dog breed Human body

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
I am enjoying all the chihuahua photos. This is Topper. I don’t think of him as a senior. We call him Top man and I also call him the red nose chihuahua. Topper he is 12 and a half now. Photos on Xmas -he was almost 12. I hope he lives till 18 and beyond.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Whiskers
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Whiskers Fawn

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Ha ha yes, they reach some impressive ages!
My cousin has always had chihuahuas, they seem to make it to 16-18 yrs, which is impressive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts