German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone. Nadia turned seven last october and I've noticed her nails are becoming longer. With all the cement around the house she would just grind her nails down and that was that for me. I have bought nail clippers many years back but must admit that I've used them maybe five times throughout the years. It seems Nadia is showing the first signs of arthritis and I now need to focus on that and her nails.
I read that most dog owners have a dremel. What style or speed, size of head do I look for, for my Nadia who happens to weigh 70lbs. What does a dremel look like? Appreciate your pictures since I am more a visual learner.

·
Registered
31,597 Posts
I have a 7.2V cordless dremel. If you look on Amazon it's about $80 but was on sale for about $40. It has two speeds.

I love it. I can do Jax's nails and I don't hurt her anymore.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have the 10 speed MultiPro 395. I've had it for years and it's still good as new. I also purchased an inexpensive accessory kit for it on ebay so it can be used for engraving, woodworking, etc.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have a very nice Dremel with a foot pedal so you can control the speeds. Its awesome and light weight!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
i have pretty much the same one as brt. its the Dremel Variable Speed MultiPro, model 300 n/25. about $53 at walmart. i had the cordless one, but it was always running out of steam before i finished the job. the corded dremel was a big improvement.

·
Registered
15,220 Posts
I had 2 cordless ones, the newer 10 volt battery ones. Returned them to lowe's within 2 months of owning them. Both started to smell like smoke, then only 1 gear, high. I might try a corded one later.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
This is mine.
http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-7-2v-15000-...47704450&sr=8-3

I didn't exactly need all the extra heads, but it was on sale for the same price as the basic one so I just bought it. The different heads have come in handy a few times but I mostly just use it for the dogs' nails.
I've had it for quite a while - it even got left out in the rain once and it's still going strong.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Does anyone use the one made by Oster?
I've been looking online at these, but haven't made up my mind yet. The instructor at puppy class said she'd go over nail trimming and using a dremel.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
This is what I have:

Quote:
Master Grooming Tools Pet Nail Grinder Kit

Our Master Grooming Tools Professional Pet Nail Grinder offers a fast and easy way to trim, shape, and smooth pets’ nails. Powerful motor delivers 18,000 RPM and has an ergonomic handpiece for comfortable operation.

ONLY
$24.99

PetEdge

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
I have what chicagocanine has, got it a few years ago and it still works nice, though I loss all of the neat stuff with it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts