German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so all you landshark owners! Surely more than a few of you have suffered casualties to those teeth! I'm also pretty sure that more of a few of you have documented said casualties!

So show me battle scars with living with land sharks! :wild:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Can't show mine...would probably get me banned.
There's a nice little scar on the underside of my left breast from training focused heeling to Discoe when she was about nine months old. She came up just as I was releasing the reward from under my arm and got me good. Needless to say, we spent another month on TARGETING after that...lol. No more mishaps.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I didn't have too much damage due to landshark phase other than the typical punctures and scrapes but I can talk about the broken ankle I got 2 years ago when my dog went after a cat and I wasn't quite fast enough on my feet to follow. Then just last week he was doing a meet and greet with another dog and the leashes got tangled and the battle was on! Unfortunately the other owner was a guy over 6 feet and close to 250 lbs who was carrying a big umbrella. He freaks out, not that I blame him, but he starts whaling around with the umbrella trying to break up the dogs. He had a lousy aim and I now have multiple lumps on my head, a black eye and broken sunglasses. My GSD shows no wear and tear although I would imagine he got couple of whacks.

This dog is going to be the death of me yet!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts