German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
My cat, Porsche, is our resident thief. So far she's eaten an entire raw porkchop (emergency trip to the vet on that one), several loaves of bread and assorted other items. I'm usually too mad to take pictures when I discover what she's done. If I leave the house with the dogs she has to be locked up.

::Knock on wood:: Our dogs are perfect when it comes to food on counters. I have left a raw steak on the counter and told them to leave it, gone shopping, and come home to it untouched.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
My dog is well behaved in the kitchen. Never any issues with jumping on the counter or stealing food. If she wants something, she will just sit in the kitchen with her nose pointed toward a roast chicken or baked cookies, but will not advance toward them.

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
have to find the photos of Kinu, my Bengal cat, trying to take a raw turkey off of the kitchen table...

Lee

·
Registered
710 Posts
If the dog is trying to steal food from the counter, I'm not standing there with a camera to take a photo. Plus, it's almost always when I preoccupied elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
No no bad dog. If I caught them in the act, I wouldn't be able to snap a picture, because I'd be busy making corrections.

I have rarely had a problem, though. Lost a lasagna I left cooling while I ran to the store about a year ago. I suspect the weimaraner initiated that grab. But I'm also pretty sure everyone had a taste, as it was a very large lasagna, I was only gone about 15 minutes, and there wasn't a trace of it left... Just a shiny baking pan on the floor.

And then, just a couple of days ago I accidentally left most of an uneaten hamburger on the countertop overnight. Noticed it in the morning, and only the burger patty itself had been removed. In that case, I know it wasn't the weim because she loves people food. Jack, however, is pretty strict about his meat only diet. Bad boy.

Poor Mattie couldn't reach up onto the counter if she tried. Old age and poor hips. She doesn't even sniff around it.

Never caught them in the act though. The situation has to be pretty secure for them to make that bold of a move.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Lisl is too smart to be caught...:D

She's only done that once and she was scolded for it. She's never tried it again after that.

·
Registered
883 Posts

Theres a nice turkey in that bowl behind her.... :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Even if I leave raw frozen meat or fish to be defrosting in the sink all day while I am at work, I come home to everything intact.

Good dog!!!!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Diesel was not allowed in the kitchen and she knew it, she was also perfect in never touching food that wasnt hers.. left a raw T-bone out on a plate on a low stool in the living room when she was about a year and a half old, told her off, went to work, came home, she never even touched it!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Fiona stole a pound of bacon off the counter. I found her immediately so she did not get a chance to get a bite yet. Could not take a photo,because I was running to her yelling no. Leave it. Good news, she did leave it and has not done so again.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
217 Posts
Gypsy does not have to try to reach her head on the table, because if she is standing, her head can be on it, which in turn leads to easy access for her to sniff food and grab a bit if she is really sneaky and fast. Due to this, I have had french fries stolen off my plate from her while I got up to get myself something to drink during dinner. It is also the cause for hearing "No, Gypsy, go lay down" a lot when dinner is being cooked and when dinner is being eaten.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is a picture of Diesel a few weeks ago when he was 7 1/2 weeks(a few days after we got him) stealing my three year old son's pizza roll. He is long enough to climb on the chair and he stole my son's hamburger today. I wished I took a picture of that. haha. He LOVES to steal my son's food! :gsdbeggin:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Here is a picture of Diesel a few weeks ago when he was 7 1/2 weeks(a few days after we got him) stealing my three year old son's pizza roll. He is long enough to climb on the chair and he stole my son's hamburger today. I wished I took a picture of that. haha. He LOVES to steal my son's food! :gsdbeggin:
Please leash him. Do not allow this. When he's bigger, this will be a disaster.
He needs to learn to respect your son, and he needs to learn his place in the family pack.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
My dogs don't steal food. I would not tolerate that behavior. This morning my husband dropped scrambled eggs on the floor about 3 feet from Riley. He didn't even raise his head in interest. He knows not to get anything dropped on the floor much less on counters or tables.

When we eat dinner he just lies on the floor. Begging is not tolerated either. My other two will beg on occasion. I left them at my parents for 10 dyas while we went on vacation and they fed them table scraps from the table.....I was not pleased.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Ok ... This is not a thread of what dogs shouldn't do. It's a thread to share pix of dogs being naughty! So if you have pix please share, thanks :)

When you start a thread, you are not always going to get the answers you want. Many of us think this behavior should be discouraged, and isn't cute or funny.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When you start a thread, you are not always going to get the answers you want. Many of us think this behavior should be discouraged, and isn't cute or funny.
Well if you personally think that it not funny then don't post pictures and you don't have to comment twice on this thread. If you want to criticize someone open your own thread and do it all you want, but please don't solicit mine if you are just going to be negative about a silly pic, moving on.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts