German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 48 of the 50 states in 90+ degree weather today how are your pups keeping cool? Diesel plays in his pool with his powerade bottle :wub:

Are the neighbor kids coming in too????

Nom, nom, nom.....

Hey were did my powerade go?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Swimming & relaxing in her reclining lawn chair

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

The pool is the only way to wear her out this week. Thankfully, she loves it and will swim and swim, otherwise she would be bonkers in the house.

·
Registered
27,279 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
“The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.”

We had a high of 66 today. Two nights ago I had the electric blanket on.
Sometimes it would be nice if me and my GSD could sit in a kiddie pool.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Pic heavy! I love water pictures! :p
I got Mia a kiddie pool but all she did was dig mud into it.. She prefers the big kid pool and the lake.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I am in one of the two places not in the 90's - so far our summer has been pretty mild low to mid 70's... a bonus of living only a couple miles away from the ocean, of course we have the downside of the cost of living here coupled with the sheer number of people who live here because of the weather... There's a saying for Southern California, you know you live in California when the fastest you drive is in your drive way. It's true! We went to the San Diego zoo yesterday and had bumper to bumper traffic at 12 in the afternoon on a WEDNESDAY. :p

Still I like to keep the dogs cool so we go to the beach and have some kiddies pools at home, occasionally late in the summer we will have a few days in the high 80's. I feel for you guys though, I can't imagine those temps with the humidity you might also get... fall is going to be much appreciated!

Ollie PLAY by Carriesue82, on Flickr

Untitled (2013-06-21 16:14:36) by Carriesue82, on Flickr

Untitled (2013-06-21 16:14:28) by Carriesue82, on Flickr

·
Registered
813 Posts
Here is a video from last year of Rusti keeping cool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts