Votes: 13 76.5%
  • I've only owned one line

Votes: 3 17.6%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this has been argued to death and I understand the difference between the two but I'd like to hear from people that have owned both to see which line's personality (separate from ability) they would prefer and why?
The reason I ask is that I love Jax's cuddly personality and his velcro-esque tendancies but I'm not sure if this is a trait specific to the show lines. I often hear that people won't buy a dog of mixed lines because of the uncertainty of the outcome but if you were to buy a dog just as a pet, not to compete, which would you prefer?
This is just a question on your preference so no need to argue any points :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Can I get back to you on that? *grin* Willow, my last dog, was from a BYB so I dont know her pedigree ... but had NO drive and was a big mushy puppy her whole life who I swear was blond instead of white ... I called her "puddin' head" because I swear she had pudding instead of brains in her skull. Very happy-go-lucky. I can only assume she was show lines. Loved her to bits for who she was, my big baby!! New Pup is from working lines and I'm looking forward to DOING more with him/her when they're old enough. It'll be interesting to compare the two when I've had more experience. Before these, I've only ever had mixed breed shepherds (and then other breeds).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts