German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so thankful that there are some nice places to eat that allow us to bring well behaved dogs on their patios.

This is at Rucci's in White Plains MD, USA. My gal-dog is in "her spot". Each time we go there we sit at the same table and she always chooses to chill out against the wall near the outlet.

The calzone looking dish is called a Doughboy and they are delicious!

anymore reviews for good outdoor eating?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,510 Posts
Hmm that looks good we have Greek bites - Center Moriches -ny. that we have taken dogs to we can eat outside and enjoy the weather. It’s a small family owned take out restraunt but has outdoor seating great place to stop if out on a bike ride to. Delicious food and desserts! Anyone who has Ralph’s ices around then I often can a free cup of vanilla ice cream for one of the dogs if they are with me!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Aw man that looks AMAZING!!! Back when my small town used to be a small little town we had a restaurant called The Town House, everybody in Oviedo would go there and eat on the weekends. You would run into all your friends and family! Now my town isn't quite so little and the Town House moved and got a face lift... along with a great outdoor seating area where you can bring your dog! It even has a cool railing area if you bring a caribeaner you can clip your dogs leash to. The staff is super friendly, loves animals, well behaved dogs and great old fashioned home town cooking.. We love it :grin2: Right next to the restaurant is a trail that stretches across the entire state, we usually go for a walk first and then we have breakfast. During the cold months I brought his food and just left it in the car, but now that its hot outside I order him an egg or two.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I love seeing dogs out and about like that. I use this site to find places we can can take him:https://www.bringfido.com/restaurant/

I really enjoy being able to go out for dinner when I travel with my dog. When I drive cross-country by myself, and after the drive, sometimes it's heavenly to be able to chill on a patio on a nice evening.

I do think that being able to do this is one of the rewards for the time invested in nurturing a well behaved dog in public. I've heard newbies describe OB as just a bunch of "silly drills," not realizing that those "silly drills" eventually can get you a dog that can go anywhere.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Love these pics!

We take Rusty to Lisa G's in New York, post hike, for our well deserved hamburger & fries. They allow well behaved dogs on the patio. He just lays there like a gentlemen by my feet, he also gets his own hamburger.

·
Super Moderator
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love these pics!

We take Rusty to Lisa G's in New York, post hike, for our well deserved hamburger & fries. They allow well behaved dogs on the patio. He just lays there like a gentlemen by my feet, he also gets his own hamburger.

we used to order our dogs "naked puppy burgers" what we called the plain burger with no bun. If fries came with the burger, I ate them. :grin2:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hiya Neighbor! The Steam Room in Port Jeff NY (casual seafood) also has a dog friendly seating section. The "Bring Fido" website is full of hotels, activities and restaurants that are pet friendly wherever anyone might live or plan on visiting.

·
Registered
7,510 Posts
That’s good to know! Port Jeff is beautiful! Yes a good website! I had to pick up quick some test results at mather hospital and I brought max for moral support. We stopped by the candy shop across the port Jeff they sell dog ice cream but max would not touch it I had to buy him the real stuff. Luna like the dog ice cream so it did not go to waste and then walked through the town. It was February but was a crazy warm day. I did but the book doggin Long Island by Doug gelbert 30 best places to go hiking with your dog in New York’s playground!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
This is a great thread! Gyp's Tavern, Sussex Co NWNJ

With my boy Alvin that we lost a year ago. Have new ones with Valor and Ruger, but not on this P.C

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I used to travel from Texas to California with my pet crow. I would pull up to McDonalds and order a hamburger, hold everything, hold the bun. After some confused questions they understood. To their delight, I would pull up to the window, take the hamburger patty and hand it to the crow. I am a vegetarian. For great vegeburgers, you can go to Burger Kings. Be sure to ask for everything with mustard. They dont automatically put mustard on with everything orders. I suppose you could order just the meat patty hold everything for GSD. I have heard that police do this for K9 officers as a reward.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts