German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Lando seems to be doing a lot better now that he's had some antibiotics. My problem now is that he keeps rubbing the scabs off of his muzzle. There's blood on the carpet, my sheets, and my clothes. There was a lot of fuzz and hair that was stuck in the scabs as well so I dampened a cloth and patted it a little so I could pull the hairs/fuzz out. I know wetting it makes the scab softer, but he's rubbing them off regardless! Should I use an e-collar? Looking at one, it seems like he would still be able to get to it via the couch or something. I don't want to waste my money! Do I just let him rub them off? Any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
27,254 Posts
Is he trained to an e-collar?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Are u talking about an Elizabeth collar? Aka the cone? I think the other poster thought u meant electronic collar. Or shock collar. If you mean the cone, yes try that and see if it helps! No to the electronic collar for this.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Slather on some "raw organic cold pressed" coconut oil - saw the pics on your other thread;) This will help the healing, soften the scabs and safe to feed to.

Many many members on here who have used for hot spots etc. when nothing else was working.

Nutiva is middle priced that has all the criteria and is also hexane free. Costco sells a brand (Carrington, or somethng like that) - big tub, 15 bucks.

YOu will love the results and your dog will love you for it!:)

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Definitely use an ecollar. You dont want scarring or infection so he needs to stop rubbing the scabs off.

Good luck!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice guys. His nose looks much better. He's still managing to lick some of the scabs, but I'm not too worried. The antibiotics are really helping, the swelling in his muzzle is completely gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts