German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be bringing my puppy home on the 18th this Saturday. My breeder feeds Taste of the Wild. She says their poops are nice and firm. My question is should I keep feeding Taste of the Wild or should I switch? What I don't like about TOTW is that it has been recalled. I was looking at feeding Fromm. Should I even mess with it since her poops are firm?

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
A Diamond manufactured product would be a concern for me too!
Taste Of The Wild High Prairie & Pacific Stream Puppy Formulas are grain free so you'll want to choose a grain free product, added slowly to the ToTW you'll be bringing home from the breeder.
Fromm's is a nice product. Four Star Nutritionals Grain Free/All Life Stages are: Pork & Peas, Salmon Tunalaini, Game Bird, Beef Frittata, & Surf & Turf.
It's good to rotate foods after she becomes accustom to the brand, but integrate each new variety slowly with the current one he/she is eating.
A digestive enzyme is always a great thing to add for digestion, and a pro-biotic added to keep a healthy gut. All are NOT created equal, so do your homework! :)
Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts