German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone ,
I always wanted a GSD but I never looked for one until a friend gave me this puppy , but I'm not sure if it's pure breed .
Please guys look at the pictures and tell me if it's a keeper of should I give it to someone else .And please help me to identify it's age .

Thank's

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
He looks pure bred but even if he is not your going to give him up? You shouldn't feed your puppy milk, dogs are lactose intolerant can make them sick. Also bread has no nutrient value really to them. Please look on here at the RAW/B.A.R.F section if you dont plan on feeding him a high quality kibble or kibble at all for that matter, a dog cant live off scraps of what you have.

He is adorable btw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He looks pure bred but even if he is not your going to give him up? You shouldn't feed your puppy milk, dogs are lactose intolerant can make them sick. Please look on here at the RAW/B.A.R.F section if you dont plan on feeding him a high quality kibble or kibble at all for that matter, a dog cant live off scraps of what you have.

He is adorable btw.
thank you for the advice I had him yesterday and I haven't got time to go to the store so I shared what I had with him .He basically ate anything I ate and he seemed to love the fish more than anything else .

Can someone tell his age ?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
He looks to be about 3 - 3.5 months, I would take him to the vet make sure he gets his shots

·
Registered
110 Posts
I second that, definitely take him to the vets and get shots and an exam done for him. The vet may be able to give you a more accurate guess of age since he/she will be able to examine the dog in person as well. Marley is one handsome puppy!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I don't think you should keep him. I think you should give him to me. :) He is very adorable.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Wow adorable, looks 8 weeks, and really need better food!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you guys for your advices , today I bought him dog kibble and he seems to love it dry but not mixed with water ,I also share with him my cooked meat and he love it eve more.
On Monday I am taking him to the vet

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Looks pure! Sounds like a plan....nothing wrong with sharing some table scraps, especially meat! My dogs eat mostly kibble but I also share my food and offer raw meat. If you plan to feed mostly human foods or raw, you should do research on making sure the dog gets the right balance of nutrients, but if you are feeding dog kibble and just giving him some raw or table scraps as a treat, then it shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Looks pure to me. I wouldn't put him any older than 3 1/2 months. Enjoy him! Very generous of your friend to give him to you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts