German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting an 8 week puppy soon and I expressed my interest to the breeder on switching the puppy over to Fromm LBP when I receive him. The breeder recommends to keep the puppy on the same food they feed for at least a month. They currently feed Solid Gold Lil Boss and I see that it is for small breed dogs and puppies. Does the recommendation seem adequate for a GSD puppy? Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d follow your breeder’s recommendation and keep him on that food for 3-4 weeks then transition to the lbp.
Thank you! I will do that. I was just looking for a second opinion since the food that is currently fed is for small breed dogs & puppies.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few breeders do that for the first couple months. It’s higher in calories. No big deal. Transitioning to a new home, environment is stressful, not the best time to transition to a new kibble.
Okay thank you, I definitely understand now. I appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
I kept both pups on food the breeder was feeding for a few months. They both met pup’s nutritional needs. As mentioned already many new transitions going on to switch food right away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts