German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

Im soon to be a first time owner of a shepherd dog! Looking forward to collecting my little man in about a week from now. But I was recently sent a film clip of him with his mum and siblings at about seven weeks. Of course the pups all looked gorgeous chasing along behind their mum. But I couldn't help noticing that the dog I have chosen falls midway or towards the rear of the group of six siblings chasing their mum. The female pups are all way out ahead.

Is this normal, or should I be concerned about taking a pup that is lagging behind his siblings at seven weeks? Are males later developers than the females? I also note that my pup is slightly smaller than his sisters.

Am I overanalysing this and being unnecessarily concerned?

Cheers

Alan

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Experienced breeders on here have said that GSD puppies don't show their true personality until 8 weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for those responses, I think I might have been a little oversensitive here. Its a real privilege to be having one of these wonderful little animals joining our family, and we cant wait to welcome him into his new home.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for those responses, I think I might have been a little oversensitive here. Its a real privilege to be having one of these wonderful little animals joining our family, and we cant wait to welcome him into his new home.
Haha! You called a GSD “little”... Not for long my friend! Enjoy your new buddy and welcome to the club. Once you go Shep, you will never want another dog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts