German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know some shots are unecessary! which ones
do they need to have?
parvo shots and rabies shots??:confused:??

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
rabies shots are mandatory by law. initially, my pups get their first shots and "boosters" and after that, they get rabies shots when its due and boosters for the others if needed.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I give my pups Rabies (which is mandatory), Distemper, Parvo, Lepto. and Bordella(sp?) for kennel cough.

·
Premium Member
4,794 Posts
Multiple combo's of inoculations (5 to 7 viruses' in one shot) can create a lot of problems!

Dr. Jean Dodds: Not recommended: Corona, Lymes, Leptospirosis, Boretella (only protects 2 of the possible 8 causes of kennel cough), Giardia. Vaccination Schedule Recommendations For Dogs

The following statements (*) taken from www.dogs4dogs.com TONS of info!
**Avoid the leptospirosis vaccine (the “L” in DHLPP combos). WSAVA says: “This product is associated with the greatest number of adverse reactions to any vaccine.”
*Don’t vaccinate puppies under 8 weeks of age, except when faced with an epidemic. (Early vaccination is dangerous and may not work because of maternal immunity.) Pet vaccination expert Dr. Jean Dodds’ protocol begins at 9 weeks. Dr. Ron Schultz recommends beginning at 15 weeks.​
*Drs. Stephen Blake and Dr. Jordan (author of "Mark Of The Beast-Hidden In Plain Sight") both recommend giving colostrum when vaccinating (or forever). My dogs get a medical grade super colostrum called IgG 2000 DF from Xymogen.com. I take it myself. You can also find colostrum at Dr. Blake’s website or at your health food store. Dr. Jordan also suggests you give Pawier vitamins when vaccinating. She adds: “All of the dogs that Dr. Blake has seen with parvo and distemper and kennel cough were all VACCINATED dogs….the vaccine is not a guarantee, that is the point.” Dr. Blake told me that himself.
*As an added precaution, vaccinate your dog early in the day (preferably when the clinic will be open for a few days afterwards). Stay near the clinic for several hours and watch for changes in health or behavior after the shot throughout the day. Check for reactions during the night.

Dr. Karen Becker: “There is a vaccine for leptospirosis, but I do not recommend it. It is a relatively weak bacterial vaccine with marginal staying power and it cannot protect against all 20 or more leptospira serovars. The vaccine carries a significant risk of adverse reactions, especially in small dogs. Information is also emerging that the lepto vaccine can actually cause the disease in dogs, and can bring on kidney failure in older dogs.”

Lepto article by Dr. Jordan: SMOKE AND MIRRORS | Dogs Naturally Magazine
Vaccination articles: Vaccine Articles and News | Dogs Naturally Magazine
Hope this helps with your decision on vacc protocol for your Fur Baby. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts