1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,595 Posts
Mine used to chew off the shoestrings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One the day, when the pup destroys your favorite, expensive dress shoes, please remind yourself that you taught the pup it was funny to mess with shoes... ;)
Every time Mila chews my fingers I can hear our vet saying; “Stop that behavior now!” And my mind keeps saying, “But it’s so **** cute!” Our vet has 3 GSDs raised from puppies and works with GSD rescues.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Our destruction with the current pup has been limited to a shoelace (leather) and a computer cord.
OP, your dog crate looks too small now for that pup ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One the day, when the pup destroys your favorite, expensive dress shoes, please remind yourself that you taught the pup it was funny to mess with shoes... ;)
There my sisters shoes she uses to go in the garden with sable knows not to bite are proper shoes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Our destruction with the current pup has been limited to a shoelace (leather) and a computer cord.
OP, your dog crate looks too small now for that pup ;)
she does not use the crate we just use it too store her toys but thanks for the concern.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
I have the same problem. My dog destroys almost all my shoes and I really don't know what to do
Put the shoes away, in a closet. Close the closet door. Then close the bedroom door.

If a pup destroys a shoe, whack yourself on the rear with what's left of it and say, "No! No! Bad human! Put your shoes away!"

There's no magic to it -- pups are trained by setting them up for success. Leaving attractive objects for them to destroy out where they'll find them, and not supervising, is setting them up for failure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts