German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I didn't pay a broker. Shipping on KLM Royal Dutch Airline was something like $500 US. She came over at 10 wks old with her own passport, raring to go. I had to drive through rush hour traffic in the tunnel to get her papers approved, but that was a minor annoyance. I'd do it again. Great pup, very happy I imported.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not 100% sure but I have been told they can fly in the cabin with you.
Depends where in the EU you’re shipping the pup from. Pets are not permitted in the cabins of any flights from the UK - they must be shipped in the hold. Not even Support Dogs are exempt, only Guide Dogs (seeing eye dogs) are allowed in the cabin.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Depends where in the EU you’re shipping the pup from. Pets are not permitted in the cabins of any flights from the UK - they must be shipped in the hold. Not even Support Dogs are exempt, only Guide Dogs (seeing eye dogs) are allowed in the cabin.
I don't think I would ship a puppy from the UK, it would either be Germany, Austria, Czech Republic or the Republic of Slovakia or somewhere in the Netherlands.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't think I would ship a puppy from the UK, it would either be Germany, Austria, Czech Republic or the Republic of Slovakia or somewhere in the Netherlands.
Frankly, I don’t blame you! :) I only know this because I was looking into shipping a pup from Germany to the UK before I stumbled across one of the very rare working line breeders here in the UK. Plane or a privately chartered boat is the only way to get a dog into this country as they’re not allowed on ferries or on the EuroStar.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Frankly, I don’t blame you! :) I only know this because I was looking into shipping a pup from Germany to the UK before I stumbled across one of the very rare working line breeders here in the UK. Plane or a privately chartered boat is the only way to get a dog into this country as they’re not allowed on ferries or on the EuroStar.
I shipped a pup from Germany almost 2 yrs ago and it came across by car through the tunnel. They are also permitted on ferries, some have kennels aboard or the dog is left in the vehicle. Although doing the ferry route from Germany would require stops at different ports before reaching the UK.

A lot of working line breeders here in the UK, they are not rare

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
when you import from Europe are you going for certain blood lines or criteria? My fiance went to canada to get our original female bully about 5-6 years ago now. When it comes to bully's blood lines are KEY due to all of their health issues.

Still absorbing and learning about GSD's as we go. So i'm just curious. I know the Czech and German lines gotta be the most pure lines correct? Do they have the same temperaments as the ones found here in the states? Same sizes and colorings?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts