German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve had him since he was a 6 week old pup!
Now I have a question. I’m a 1st time owner for gsd. I’ve been feeding him royal cannine every since he was a puppy but I’ve heard a lot about this brand that it’s no good due to not having enough meat.. I thought I was giving him good food.. any ideas to switch up his food to something better? I thought royal cannine was good concidering the ads and price..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
To be fair, no food company is going to say they have bad food in their ads. Price also doesn't mean anything. If I can sell the trash in my trashcan for $100, why would I not do that? Don't go based on what the company says. After all, they are trying to make money and sell their product. They are biased.

That said, I have not personally done research on RC, so I'm not one of the people that hate it. That was just my observation about what you said. Fromm, Taste of the Wild, Victor... There are lots of good foods out there, but "good" seems to be subjective.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Look up the kibble brands you're considering using the dogfoodadvisor.com web site. They usually only test one particular type from each company label, but it can help you narrow down your choices!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts