German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rerescued a female 4 year old German shepherd about 2 months ago. She had some behavior issues in the beginning but nothing major health wise. We moved into the home we bought about 2 weeks ago and last night she pooped on the bed! What could I do to make this not happen again? She's done it twice in one day!
Also, she hasn't had solid stools consistently since I've had her. What is a good inexpensive food I could get for her?

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
TOTW, 4Health, Diamond Naturals & Kirkland (Costco) are all "sibling" foods made by Diamond in the same plant, with pretty similar ingredients. If one of them works for the dog, they all will. The Kirkland at Costco runs about $28/40 lb. You pay a few dollars more at TSC for 4Health (private label, made by Diamond for TSC) or the Diamond Natural. TOTW costs a little more still, with slightly different ingredients. Lots of dogs do fine on any of these foods. NOTE: In my opinion, if you feed Diamond-made foods, keeping an eye on recalls would be a good idea, given their history.

If you spend a few dollars more, you can get Victor.

Another one to look into is Grandma Mae's Country Naturals, sold only at mom-and-pop independent pet food stores.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
TOTW, 4Health, Diamond Naturals & Kirkland (Costco) are all "sibling" foods made by Diamond in the same plant, with pretty similar ingredients. If one of them works for the dog, they all will. The Kirkland at Costco runs about $28/40 lb. You pay a few dollars more at TSC for 4Health (private label, made by Diamond for TSC) or the Diamond Natural. TOTW costs a little more still, with slightly different ingredients. Lots of dogs do fine on any of these foods. NOTE: In my opinion, if you feed Diamond-made foods, keeping an eye on recalls would be a good idea, given their history.

If you spend a few dollars more, you can get Victor.

Another one to look into is Grandma Mae's Country Naturals, sold only at mom-and-pop independent pet food stores.
Yeah, a 40lb bag of Victor hi-pro costs me $35 and lasts me about 5 weeks, give or take. A bag of TOTW costs $45 here. Our TSC sells 4Health for about the same.
Victor has the added plus of a much better history on recalls and only sources local ingredients.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts