German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a father, I want to make sure my two-year old doesn't go hungry, so I put out a bowl of royal canin throughout the day. Raw diet usually is a thigh and drum stick (with bones of course) in the morning, and a thigh or two drum sticks in evening. Is it ok to leave that bowl out or am I overly concerned for no reason? Any ideas to improve?

·
Registered
31,796 Posts
As a father, I want to make sure my two-year old doesn't go hungry, so I put out a bowl of royal canin throughout the day. Raw diet usually is a thigh and drum stick (with bones of course) in the morning, and a thigh or two drum sticks in evening. Is it ok to leave that bowl out or am I overly concerned for no reason? Any ideas to improve?
Well, first, what you are feeding is not balanced. You should have more than one protein and your proportion to bone/meat/organs is way off. Look on rawdogranch.com for a spreadsheet or email Lauri for help.

Second, there is no reason to feed kibble. You will only end up with a chunky dog from overfeeding.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right I want her to get all the nutrition maybe that's why I still feed her kibble. Time is lmited so convenience is important to me too. Maybe raw isn't right for me.

·
Registered
31,796 Posts
You just need to get the right proportions to ensure she's getting the proper nutrition. A raw diet done poorly is as bad as cheap dog food. Just go to Lauri's site, or email her and get the amounts right before making the decision that it's not right for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts