German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late last night, early this morning Emma decided she didn't like the Palm Tree in the pot in the living room, (please keep in mind she's already killed one of them)...I don't know why she doesn't like them, but I guess this is an end to my in-house Palms.

I don't know how to really scold her about it, so I showed her what she did, and told her she was being a bad girl (immediatly following what she had done), I then told her to go find a place and lay down and stay, so she gave me her sad eye's and went to lie down. Here's her pitiful look...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose she is, but I can't have hear tearing up everything in the house while trying protect me...I just wonder what her next attempt of protecting me from will be??

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Well, now what she knows is that YOU don't like the palm trees either! Or that you are funky when you get up in the morning. Or that palm trees are nasty and cause you to scold. Something along those lines. She does not relate your lecture to her actions - that's a given.

Time for houseplants to be outside anyway....

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Sorry to laugh but wouldn't you love to know just what goes through their minds? Gracie doesn't bark at other dogs when she sees them out (or not usually anyway
) but any dog, cow, cat, horse, mouse, camel, elephant....on TV she barks her fool head off. Oh, last night it was the US Military Band captan who had on one of those big bear hats
So Emma is protecting you from the attack of the house plants and Gracie is protecting me in the event one of those 4 legged things come out of the noisy box in the living room! Either way, we love them to death!!!

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
The container did it. How dare such a fun round thing have a plant in it?

I feel ya, one night I went to my neighbors for a few cocktails, left Morgan in the kitchen and she took out a gorgeous hibiscus - it was competing in the pretty category, then ate the tomato plants off the windowsill, - blocking her view of the next day's squirrels, ripped out the eggplants off the vines. They were all asking for it. Houseplants, how dare they!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Chloe has been doing the same thing with my $400 ficus tree. She goes in and tears out the bedding. Now the tree is all crooked. She tore up the bottom of the "basket holder" that it sits in. Ugh. Today she puked up the straw like bedding. I cannot keep her from it and its a very expensive fake tree, lol. Now, i will have to find another holder to put it in and bedding.

She also decided to eat the corner of one of the kitchen walls the other day. No reason....just to eat it and tear it up. She never did all of this!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts