German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can't have just one! Zeke is 6 months old and while I'm not adding another pupper anytime soon... he needs to finish obedience, get his CGC, and hopefully some Rally titles... I can't help thinking about adding a sweet girlie to my home too!

Anyone else have puppy fever? Even though you know it's the wrong time and you simply can't do anything about it?

·
2,967 Posts
Tell me about it...:)

We cannot add anymore until someone goes...

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Haha, I do have puppy fever, but I am hopefully getting one in the spring! Actually, whether I buy the breed I want from a breeder, choose a new breed, or rescue, I'm getting one. Dead set against it, now! :p

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
You can't have just one! Zeke is 6 months old and while I'm not adding another pupper anytime soon... he needs to finish obedience, get his CGC, and hopefully some Rally titles... I can't help thinking about adding a sweet girlie to my home too!

Anyone else have puppy fever? Even though you know it's the wrong time and you simply can't do anything about it?
I know I also have a strict limit and use the 'once I get this puppy/dog perfect (around 4 yrs?) then I can think about seriously adding another...

Best part about being in this stage is that it's a calm thinking stage we can use to plan for our next puppy. WHAT kind we want and what breeders we may be thinking of. Starting up communication with those breeders and creating a bond (or NOT ) with them so we feel comfortable with their program (OR NOT).

I know I can also start saving up for the new puppy! I want the better breeder agreement that comes with the more expensive puppies, so if it takes me 3 yrs to save up for the best puppy I can afford, so be it!

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Or when you are ready, you can foster for a good rescue (and you have some in your area) and have GSD after GSD come into and out of your home and go out better, safe, and to screened forever (with a safety net) homes. Puppies - even litters of puppies if you want - galore! And your dog learns some amazing things in the process as well.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I get puppy fever whenever I see all the cute pups posted on this site. My two are enough for me. But... I do miss the pitter-patter of tiny paws.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts

I get jealous when I see adorable GSD puppies and it makes me want another one, but I need a break. I need to spend time with my GSD and let him mature.

I want to work with my GSD before adding a puppy, I do know that I want one in the future and I already have the breeder picked, we are friends and we talk all the time, he knows what I am looking for, I know the sire that I want and I like several of his females. I just have to wait for when the time is right and right now it's not time.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts

That's why I foster. You get to have a 2nd dog in the house, you save a life, you get TONS of experience dealing with doggie issues you never knew existed, and once in a great while that perfect one comes along and you don't let him go. :halogsd:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts