German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, my first post, & asking members of germanshepherd.com I'm sick of people seeing m boy & saying.. ohhh ..w0w..blaa blaa.. part pit yada yada etc .. I see the German Shepherd for sure.. he is approaching 3 now..& I notice his back hair is getting BLACK(thought he was dirt couple times lol) for the most part his head looks Mastiff/Shepherd. His body big/wide..& tan fur .. I live in a province where POST EDITED BSL exist ... he has Huge ears .. just like m old Shepherd ... What does he look like to you?? Thanks & Cheerz ..~

Attachments

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I think jayy is concerned because where they live there is a ban on pit bulls. People think this dog has pit in him.

Yeah, I see boxer as well but what else I'm not sure. Cute dog.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Im going to have to agree with everyone else here... Looks like 80% Boxer (or even mastiff) and 20% GSD (only part that looks GSD are the ears lol).... Im from Hamilton Ontario, and my friend has a lab mastiff cross and it does look like a pit, when walking with Skeeter and Diesel (Diesel was my pure GSD) we were stopped by the hamilton Police as well as animal control AND to many pedestrians to count saying he looked like a pitbull (which I know are banned in Ontario which is a huge shame they are beautiful dogs in the right hands with capable owners).

I would (even though they are not really acurate esp to see if a dog is a pure bred or not) do a DNA test and make a few copies, keep one in your car, in your vet papers, and in your wallet for when you are walking and if anyone asks then just show them... even though its none of their business to begin with... Or you could always just ignore and walk away :)

Anyway beautiful dog!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, thanks everybody :) I got him he was 11 months old, & they told me he was Bear dog? & German Shepherd x... when he was younger(slimmer) he looked more German Shepherd .. somehow that's what I always seen in him..his features have changed somewhat..(should have put more foto's up :p) his snout is fairly long(compared to Boxer).. so I guess the Mystery remains until I do that DNA test. I found one in my area. Around $70..so I think I will send for it today... ! Cheerz ..~ Thanks for everyones time/comments ... :)

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Oops, missed that you were in Ontario. Definitely boxer then! :laugh:

Don't waste your money on the DNA tests. They have not proven at all reliable. They did a test recently where they sent in DNA from known purebreds and the test came back saying the dog had all kinds of breeds.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I see Boxer, but not "Pit Bull". I would definitely say he is a Boxer mix if asked. I don't think you'd be misleading anyone.

It's a shame that you even have to be concerned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts