German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acquired from previous owner at one year old in May 2020, and I've now had Max the shepherd mix for about 3 months. I think I can finally say that I'm not imagining he's grown up some! He definitely had a lanky teenager appearance that didn't quite...fit together when I first got him, but after 3 months with plenty of walks and hikes, he's growing into his long legs :) Anyways, here's some pic spam!

May 2020

July 2020

May 2020

July 2020

July 2020

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's he mixed with? Nice looking dog, for sure. I'd get an Embark DNA done just out of curiosity.
Thanks for the nice update and keep up the good care and work.
got the results back from embark! Surprised with the combo, I was expecting some anatolian and lab, but got a petri dish of guard dogs! (and husky!)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Nice mix. Many of these mixes are purpose bred for various jobs depending on where they're located.
I frequent the Embark DNA FB discussion page and was surprised how common some purpose bred mixed dogs are.
Many are bred for specific athletic sports, flyball,agility, dog sledding, etc. Same w/ some hunting mixes.
Well you have a handsome, athletic looking and I'd guess very smart and trainable companion.
Thanks for letting us know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts