German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the author of SGADS. I'm not advertising currently, so my book's thread was closed.

Readers/Friends of Athena:
I am very sad to write that Athena Justagirl Haus Juris was sent to the bridge Tuesday night at age 12 due to a very sudden case of bloat. She went painlessly in my arms, guided along by the nicest vet I've ever dealt with. She was brave and good and gave me goodbye kisses. Her auntie Liz--she is Kiera's mommy from the book; Kiera went to the bridge herself this past May--was with us and was a rock star (her auntie Wendy, from Ruby's barn, was also a huge help). I feel like I've been in a car wreck- my whole body is howling in grief.

I couldn't have asked for a better buddy, playmate, nurse, child, mother and bodyguard rolled into one glamorous, impossibly beautiful package. We were each other's hearts and would have taken a bullet for the other.

True story--on Athena's last night, she mustered up the strength to rise from her bed, wearing her walking harnesses, hunched in pain, and bark menacingly at a pair of solicitors at my door who I turned away and who before she did that, weren't keen on leaving. Our last full night together she stood vigilant to protect me, as she had her whole life. Our last half night together I stood vigilant (as much as I could) to gently usher her to the next chapter.

Athena was welcomed at the bridge by Kiera, Carman, Kaiser, Alistair, Finnegan, and best of all... Kashka. Your first kitty's been waiting, babygirl.
Athena Justagirl Haus Juris: January 10, 2003-February 24, 2015. I loved you every day.

:gsdhead::gsdhead::gsdhead::gsdhead:

CLN

Attachments

·
Registered
31,576 Posts
I'm so very sorry.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss :hugs: RIP Athena :(

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
So sorry for your unexpected loss.
Run Free Athena :halogsd:

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Athena. Take care. Run free Athena run free.
Maggi

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Cherish the memories.

·
Super Moderator
32,304 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. RIP Athena.

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
No matter how long they are with us, it is never long enough....my deepest sympathies for your loss.......I hate that 12th birthday....it seems all mine leave me not too long after it.....

Run free sweet Athena..... :rip:

Lee

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I am so very sorry. Athena was a perfect gsd. May in time the memories comfort you.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Since we all have to die one day, what more could we ask than to go in the arms of the ones that love us? Rest in peace, beautiful girl, you won't be forgotten.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
It is with great sorrow that I hear of the passing of Athena! They provide the greatest joys and the deepest hurt!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Aww, I'm so sorry, I thoroughly enjoyed your book ... such attitude and energy will most definitely be missed. HUGS

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
:( sadness

1 - 20 of 24 Posts