German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, we got Briggs when he was three months old. He is now 7mo as of yesterday... He's pretty small for what what I think a GS should be he's only about 45-50 lbs. Any guess what his mix could be?? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Panda GSD?

He has the white on his chest, so maybe a panda shepherd?? :confused:

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
GSD/Lab/Beagle mix :confused: Not sure

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I don't know if its to early to do a DNA test or if its even worth it...he's really good and has been a fast learner. People that have seen his says he looks like a pure breed he's just small lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
Ya I don't know if its to early to do a DNA test or if its even worth it...he's really good and has been a fast learner. People that have seen his says he looks like a pure breed he's just small lol.
Whatever the mix is, he is a high GSD mix for sure. I wouldn't personally bother with a DNA test, but its more personal preference than anything.

If people ask what he is, just say GSD mix. If they ask what the mix is, say "GSD/Alligator - he is a new designer breed"...LOL

·
Registered
121 Posts
Kylie was listed as a labrador/border collie mix at the shelter. The vet was the one who told us she was a GSD. After looking up pictures of black GSDs, it is obvious that she is at least mostly GSD. I don't think she's pure because her ears aren't really tall enough. She is 58 pounds at 9 months old.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
At the shelter where I volunteer, we've had a stream of dogs that look like "miniature" GSDs -- imagine zapping a GSD with shrink ray to reduce it to 40# and that's what they look like. They almost look like permanent puppies.

I've taken to jokingly calling them Cajun Shepherd Dogs (since we're in Louisiana) -- maybe on of our "CSDs" hitched a ride up north!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm in the same boat. My Mia turned 7 months yesterday as well, she currently weighs between 40-45lbs. She looks full GSD to me, just miniature!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts