German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Urgent - RESCUE ONLY Must have rescue by end of 8-14-08!!!!

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11626735

"This dog can only leave the shelter to an approved 501c3 non-profit GSD Rescue Group.*********** Jada's protective instincts kicked in too many times for her family to handle her. Jada was first brought to our shelter as a stray. She was very shy and timid. She warmed up quickly and was adopted to a young family and their daughter. Jada bonded quickly to her family and only wanted to protect them. Sadly Jada's warnings to strangers were more then her family could handle. Jada has 3 bites under her belt. Each bite brought on by the need to protect her family. She did not attack in an aggressive manner. She bit each person on the same leg and in the same place. She only bit once as a warning. Each time Jada has been in this shelter she has been a true lady. She has shown no aggression and she adores everyone she meets. She will sit and lay down on command. She is spayed and UTD on her vaccinations. Please, if there is a RESCUE GROUP that will give this girl the training she needs, contact our shelter."

I know I am going out on a limb for this girl and I know it is a long shot. Jada has history but she is one of the sweetest GSD's I have ever met. She bonds so close to her people. Why should she be faulted protecting them.

If you are a rescue as described above and you have room and ability to help Jada, please call the Shelby County Animal Shelter at 502-633-0009. There is no time for e-mails for this girl. PLEASE CALL THE SHELTER. We are full to the max at the shelter. We just can not choose over Jada when it comes to making decisions. With her history, if she does not have rescue, she must leave the shelter.

If I have a commitment for her today, I can hold her for transport only till Saturday. Our volunteer transport coordinator is overwhelmed this week so the pulling rescue must be able to come to the shelter for her or send a representative of the rescue for her.

Please remember that Jada is spayed and UTD on all vaccinations.

Thank you for considering Jada.
James C.

Shelby County Animal Shelter
266 Kentucky Street

Shelbyville, KY 40065
Phone: 502-633-0009
email is [email protected]

Shelby County Kentucky

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I have a real soft spot for bite cases, but unfortunately, dont have the extra time right now that would be required to work with her.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
I contacted one of my Ohio GS contacts who specializes in "bad" dogs (for lack of a better term) and he is VERY interested in her. He understands that she has probably been mistreated at some poiint in her life and just needs special training and behavior modification. He is calling the shelter. I just called the shelter, Jada is still there and the director is calling me back any minute, so maybe we can save this girl. My contact might need to take you up on your offer to help pull and transport.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Just talked to James at the shelter; he is in contact with Mark Evans in Ohio (he specializes in the "difficult" cases). James said she is a super sweet, loving, intelligent girl. When she bonds with someone, she is very protective of them. She gave Warning bites to three separate people; she is not aggressive at all. James is sending Mark the necessary paperwork.

ANyone who can help with pull/transport (if needed), pls send an email to Mark at [email protected].

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Shelbyville, KY: Last attempt to save this Gir

I KNOW MARK AS WELL I RAN A BODY SHOP ACROSS THE STREET FROM HIM FOR 20 YEARS .I LOOKED AT ONE GSDS HE HAS ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO BUT MY DID 'NT LIKE HIM . HE'S VERY GOOD WITH BAD REP GSDS MIKE

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Fingers crossed this works out - keep us updated and thanks dogsaver!

·
Registered
7,290 Posts

James at the shelter never called Mark in Ohio. When I learned this on Saturday, I called the shelter but was already closed. Left a message for Charles and will call again on Monday. Charles really wanted to find a rescue for this girl and he sounded pleased about having a potential rescuer in Mark so I can only assume that another rescue stepped in to take her, but will find out on Monday when I talk to Charles.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts

Called the shelter, James (incorrectly stated Charles above) was in a meeting; the woman told me he was waiting to hear from a rescue and I told her that Mark in Ohio is waiting to hear from James. Will also call Mark and tell him to call the shelter again.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts

Received email from James at the shelter and voicemail from Mark Evans (rescue in Ohio) that they have talked. James is checking on Mark's vet references, etc. The shelter had some adoptions and rescues so Jada got more time. Mark will keep me posted.

Also, several members here offered help with pull/transport, so pls call Mark directly at 513-674-8517 if you can help. Best to call him late morning (at the earliest), he says he's not a morning person.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts

I just recieved an email that this girl was rescued by MPM GSD Rescue.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts