German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried one of those Furminator brushes? I went to their website and the demos look very convincing, but $35.00 for a brush seems awful high. If it works it would be worth it but if not, what a waste of money. Any first hand experience out there?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
They used to cost a lot more, like $50 or more. Check amazon.com you might find it cheaper.

They work really well, but I've been cautioned against using it to much as to much can cause your dog to get bald spots. Unless you don't mind dog hair in your house (and A LOT OF IT) do the furm'ing outside <g>

We use ours once every week or two in heavy shedding season in case the bald spots thing is true. Other than that we use the conventional brushes.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
You can sometimes find them on eBay for a good price (but watch the shipping costs).

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
Love the furminator. Only on one of my dogs though. Kelso is plushier and it is the only brush that works for him and gets lots of undercoat out. Allie does not have much of an undercoat so it is not as useful on her, she just needs a regular brush. Worth the money to me, some people say it splits dogs hairs, but I have not had that experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts