German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took a long time for Dakota and my cat to become friends. Now they can lay together beside the fire place, the cat can claim the dog bed and Dakota will sleep on the floor with her head on the bed. The cat can even claim the water dish and if there were food in the bowel I'm sure Dakota would back off an allow him to eat it.

Last night the cat was sitting in my lap and Dakota was lying on the floor beside me. The cat jumps down and a few minutes latter Dakota climbs up into my lap She even leaned in towards me for a cuddle.

It was really strange. I was really stunned, but allowed her to stay there to see how long she would stay. She would have stayed there all night and I finally told her off.

Afterwards I realized I should have blocked her from coming up uninvited, and will not allow this again as it is not something that I want to happen again. I don't want an 80 pound lap dog. It was strange.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Not really strange. Mine will do the same thing. The cat is on my lap and jumps down and Zeb will ask to come up. Most of the time though it's the two chilling out of the couch with mu hubby and I. Always invited :)

Glad that they are getting along. I was amazed myself one day when I saw the two of them eating out of the dog bowl. He just looked at her and kept eating. She even nudged him out of the way by getting *into* the bowl. I just picked her up and set her by her bowl. It's always nice though when you see a cat and dog getting along so well together :D

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Years ago when I had cats and dogs, got a puppy and she would watch the cat all the time. One night I was sitting on the couch and looked over to see the puppy squating in the cat box and then covering up her pee just the like cat did. I could not stop laughing. It was so darned cute. She was only ten weeks old and guess she did not want to go outside in the freezing cold so she used the cat box instead! She just seemed so proud of herself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts