German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
To me she doesn't look purebred, the coat is wrong. If she is a mix like I suspect then her ears may or may not stand up

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Yea thats what im thinking. :confused:
Unfortunately if you don't have a pedigree you'll never know for sure. Those DNA tests for checking which breed of dog you have are highly unreliable and not worth the money

Regardless she's adorable and deserving of a good home :)

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Could be a very light sable, still all about her doesn't seem right for a GSD.

If they are selling her as GSD it's a scam, if she's up for adoption, she's a good pup as any other.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To me she doesn't look purebred, the coat is wrong. If she is a mix like I suspect then her ears may or may not stand up
Could be a very light sable, still all about her doesn't seem right for a GSD.

If they are selling her as GSD it's a scam, if she's up for adoption, she's a good pup as any other.

The ad said German Shepherd puppy.
Still a cute puppy but not what im looking for.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
The ad said German Shepherd puppy.
Still a cute puppy but not what im looking for.
If you haven't purchased her and are looking for a GSD then look elsewhere for sure.

If I'm going to take a gamble on the breed of a dog I'd rather go to a shelter or rescue and pay the money to them rather then to a irresponsible breeder.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you haven't purchased her and are looking for a GSD then look elsewhere for sure.

If I'm going to take a gamble on the breed of a dog I'd rather go to a shelter or rescue and pay the money to them rather then to a irresponsible breeder.
Im looking at the shelters here in San Diego also.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
even short coat gsd puppies are fuzzier than that I think

·
Registered
10,810 Posts
Did you see her parents? If there is no mother you have to run the other way.
Her ears are set more to the side compared to purebreds in my opinion and I doubt that they will stand.
If you want a GSD for sure, go to a good breeder or a rescue who has purebreds. But even with adults you may have to make a guess sometimes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was told the mother only gave birth to 4 pups. When i asked to see the mother. I was shown a picture of a GS nursing 8 pups,
I asked the lady yousaid she had only 4 pups, but there are 8 pups in the picture.
She said oh thats an old picture. WTF LOL
I said no thanks im not intersted after driving 35 miles.

I'll keep on looking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts