German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an 8 month old drink thief!!!:eek:
If we put an open cup/glass down any where within Shadow's reach she will drink it!! So far she has drunk, cordial, orange juice, apple juice and even had a few licks of cola before we could get to her. :eek::blush: Tonight she drank a whole cup of orange juice, my 11 year old son thought it was cute, so didn't stop her or tell me until she had almost finished it.

How bad is orange juice for her???? She seams fine at the moment, this happened about an hour and a half ago.

·
Registered
438 Posts
It does contain acidic acid, but in that quantity he will probably only get an upset stomach.

You need to teach the dog that the behavior is bad IOT get him to stop.

·
Registered
15,220 Posts
I have a cat that's a drink thief. I've noticed if my iced tea isn't high enough in the glass, she has no problems putting her paw down the glass to get some. UGH. I share alot of stuff with my pets BUT I'm NOT going to share my iced tea.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
LOL... they'll do that! I left Max in the car a few days go, no more maybe 5 minutes. I get in, sit down and my butt is completely soaked in a large puddle of water!! I'm a bit shocked and completely surprised wondering what on earth??? I look over at him and he has my now empty spring water bottle in his mouth... looking like it just took a a hit from a shotgun! I laughed it off and went straight home to change my pants. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
My Chaos is also a drink thief. He seems to prefer rye. My FIL is an easy target. When he comes over to visit he always sits in our recliner chair with a rye and coke. Chaos always seems to manage to get a slurp or two (or six) of every drink. He knows he will never sample a drop of MY drink. I guess when opportunity knocks...

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Wolfie is a wine thief! I have to keep my eye on my wine glass, because if not, he will get his tongue in there.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Lol Bella did jus that this am. I was getting dressed and set my glass of milk on the counter next to the couch well I turned around and she had spilled my glass all over the couch trying to get her fat face in the glass :eyeroll: she is such a turd sometimes lol.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wolfie is a wine thief! I have to keep my eye on my wine glass, because if not, he will get his tongue in there.
Chaos knows that if he touches my wine, he will not likely live to see another day. :p That's probably why he settles for rye from my very easy FIL. I'd be willing to bet that Chaos is actually a wine connoisseur at heart. But there's not a chance in :censored: that he will ever get a chance to sample MY wine. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts