German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started out as a potty break and she just started playing in it, which REALLY surprised me. This is the first time she has seen this(its usually not that full), usually she doesn't go near water, so maybe she does like it? We've had a lot of rain the last week and the yard area is pretty wet. She stops in the video to look at the ducks that are about 5 ft from her, just watching her play in "their" pond. They actually swim in it and they will have their babies there..they do this every year in the same spot. First she got the bag out of the "puddle", then I think she was trying to get the water out of the hole. Clean up wasn't that bad and she had fun:) Right before this a hawk swooped down about 2 feet above her head...she sat there and watched it coming at her, didn't bark and didn't flinch. I seen it coming and I thought it was a crazy duck. That hawk was right above her and about 4 ft from me. I'm guessing it was pretty shocked when it got right above her, because it swooped back up fairly quickly. I don't know what I would have done if she got attacked? What can you do? I'm guessing there could be quite a bit of damage. I'm still shocked about the hawk incident.

Robyn does like water - YouTube

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
looks like she had a good time. the hawk incident doesnt surprise me. if you google duke farms and bald eagles, they have a hawk flying down on the chicks (with a parent eagle present). well the parent eagle got a hold of .it and fed it to the chicks. they have this on tape. just amazing

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hawks have been a huge problem the last few months here. Once or twice a day they're picking something out of the yard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts