German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else find it hilarious how the average phone camera just can’t capture dark dogs unless they’re in the perfect lighting? I always laugh when I take a photo of Ryka next to my SIL’s Golden - you can easily see the Golden, but Ryka just seems to meld perfectly into the shadows until I edit and overexpose the photo, lol!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Yes! This is the main reason I am hesitant to get a pure black GSD. I love taking photos, so I’m really bummed when you can’t even see the dog. LOL!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha it’s awful. Though I have to admit, seeing a pure black dog in the right lighting and contrast makes for a beautiful photo. Just a PITA to get it I’m sure, ha!

I’m hoping we’ll get a better camera so we can actually get some nice photos of her soon. My phone camera just doesn’t cut it 90% of the time.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL! She takes trying to be a ninja very seriously.

It’s really moments like this where it makes me sad - she looked so good and you could actually see muscle definition in her shoulders in person. But in this photo she looks like a potato with ears.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I don’t think I have ever taken a picture of my black GSD that I didn’t have to heavily photoshop, lol. My sable sometimes shows up alright in pictures, but he’s pretty dark as well, so usually he gets photoshopped too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts