1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
116 Posts
We had a fun day! I hope everyone else had a good 4th as well. Here are a few pictures. Hope you enjoy! Our two adults eat corn on the cob like a person:-D then alittle dip in the pool!
Even a friendly bird decidrd yhr pool was a good idea!!
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
We had fun in the pool. Then I put the thunder shirt on my oldest dog and had to leash the GSD, because he wanted to go out and bark at the noise, but overall they did great. Once we all sat on the couch they just slept. My female is chill anyway, nothing phases her. Some pictures from earlier:

Riley is not sure about swimming yet, but he loves his life jacket.

Can I get out now?

He loves playing on the step:

Barkley (the oldest) loves to swim:

and all three:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Gunther did really well. No barking and when the fireworks really started he just went inside to lay down. During the day with all the little fireworks he just stuck to me :) it was cute but sad seeing him nervous. Everyone that came over commented on how well he was doing. The only time we had an issue was when I went to the store and he spent the twenty minutes looking for me.

·
Registered
424 Posts
just so everyone knows, I contacted an administrator about llombardos links not working. unless it's just me?..i wanna see the pics! :)

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I'll get a second one up later...that one seems to be the problem downloading.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
No pictures; we just stayed inside much of the day. Got 3" of rain yesterday and 8 for the past week. I feel like I am living in a rainforest. So we worked on barking on command and outing the toy a little faster. Also built some duration on place and not treating a dog bed as a tug toy.

When it cleared some last night I put him out and he barked at the fireworks until I came out, then looked at me with his head cocked, I told him it was "all good" then he ignored them. Honestly, he wanted so bad to play fetch but between the waterfall going through the backyard, red mud, and it being dark, it did not seem a good idea.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
I bathed all three dogs, trying to get all that shedding under control. So their day was spent trying to avoid the undercoat rake!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I bathed all three dogs, trying to get all that shedding under control. So their day was spent trying to avoid the undercoat rake!
That is a definitely worth framing, so this might sound dumb to some but what type of gsd is that considered to be because it's just gorgeous :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
In the past, because Reba was always so petrified of the fireworks, I'd feed and let the dogs out well before they got started so that everyone was safe and inside when it got really loud. As a result, Discoe, at 4 years old, has never legitimately SEEN fireworks before.
Ironically enough, too, my first Independence Day without Reba, it would seem like EVERYONE on our street had the big city-grade fireworks and were shooting them off in every direction, so I could get a front-row seat right from my driveway. So when I heard them getting started, I went outside with Discoe to watch.
I know she's fine with gunfire, so I figured the noise wouldn't bother her too much, hopefully. I figured knowing her, she would likely not care about them and would be more interested in all the people standing around in front of their houses, if anything.
Nope...turns out she likes fireworks. A LOT. She would watch each one with massive eyes of awe. Then she decided it might be fun to go and get them, and I'd notice her starting to slowly drift away from me in the direction of where the last one came from. Like a moth going toward a flame. So I'd call her back to me, and she'd come back to my left and resume watching. I think she had a nice time, all in all.

That morning, we went to our city parade. She was offered a ride by the Jewish-American Association (which we declined because there was a Cairn that was trying to eat her through the window), by a gentleman in a Camaro, and by a gentleman riding a Kawasaki (which we also declined because I don't know how you get a German Shepherd to stay on a crotch rocket). A child also flung himself out of his wagon in the parade to come over and pet her. She got to see the horses (there's an equestrian group that always comes to march...I wish I could remember who they were. They sometimes ride their horses down my street and it trips me out), and she liked the Leader Dogs float and I think the guys dancing at the head of the marching band really held her attention...lol.
That's what I love about taking her places. She really gives people and events her undivided attention. I only wish I knew what she was thinking as she was watching.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great pictures and stories:)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Bear had a good time this Fourth of July. We drove to a spot away from the fireworks and we watched the fireworks out our sunroof. Bear stuck his head out the window and watched. Here's Bear sporting his Fourth of July bandana:

image.jpg

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
That is a definitely worth framing, so this might sound dumb to some but what type of gsd is that considered to be because it's just gorgeous :)
Thank you BellaLuna and holland! I may just frame that, it was taken with my phone so not great quality.
Karlo(Gideon vom Wildhaus) is a WG/Czech working line sable. I agree he's gorgeous, and his temperament is just as great.
Here is another of him, doing what he loves most:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts