German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first post and my first purebred GSD pup. He's 9 1/2 weeks old and an absolute sweetheart ? I am just dying to know what his coat will look like as an adult but as this is my first purebred puppy i dont have a clue as to how he might look full grown and what sort of changes it will go through. Do their coats change much or will he probably look very similar to how he does now? If anyone could share some of their pup's pics as a puppy and then as an adult i would really love to see 'em! thanks and sorry for the quality of some pics ? i had to crop quite a bit haha hopefully you can see his markings well

Also, what age did your pup's ears go up? His are still very floppy and i cant wait for them to stand!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops sorry for the random question marks..i didnt realize i couldnt put emojis! Still figuring this out haha

·
Registered
153 Posts
That picture of puppy Apollo on the stone floor pulls on my heart strings. SO cute. haha

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome aboard Samboy! Pretty sure his coloring is not gonna give you any insights into how your pup's coloration and coat will develop, but here is Trickster at 9 weeks and 9 months.

This is a very elusive side profile picture of the black blur. (One of the cats is out of sight to the right, violating a dog toy... )

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Leo was about 12 to 16 weeks old when I found her. You can't tell from the pictures, but she was a rack of bones under all the fluff.

April 23. 2012 010 edit by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

April 23. 2012 028 edit by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

Applying for her PAL at about 14 months.

2013-3-16 Dogs 202 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2013-3-16 Dogs 211 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

September of this year.

2017-9-8 CC110 baseline Leo Left by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

Christmas day.

2017-12-25 Dogs, Mockingbird, & yard DSC_0405 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

Her official birthday is January 20th, and she will be 6 years old.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
OP, your pup looks like a stock coat to me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ruka isn't exactly an adult but she is getting pretty big. Currently 8 months old.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Cute puppy!

Ears will vary but are generally up for good between 4 and 6 months.
Also your boy may lighten up considerably, most tan and black puppies are really dark at birth and the black shrinks as they grow.

Below is Shadow at a couple of weeks, about 12 weeks and 7 years. DSCI1685.JPG
DSCI1768.JPG
22228351_10156375495040961_1472522347548807018_n.jpg

·
Registered
158 Posts
I love seeing puppies and how they change. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to
show my girl, although she is gone, she still lives in my heart.

Wiena was a Long Haired German Shepherd, very lovely IMO!!

She kept the black back (blanket), when she got past her 10th birthday, she really
had long feathers on her legs.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki
the last picture taken was on her 12th birthday, just 5 days before we found out she had cancer. We had her
for another 20 weeks. (Surgery and chemo).

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts