German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things have been crazy around here lately, add the snow/cold on top of that, and I've been slacking with Shane's training! So the other day we went outside (in the freezing cold!) and recorded a quick vid.

Thanks for watching!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcMiAUvYkqM

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Shane @ 9 months: Heeling & Signal Exercise! (

In this video its in my left hand, up at my chest but with my hand around it so it isnt so visible. I usually hide the ball, he doesnt need to be able to see it for attention. His attention is incredible. Sometimes I hide it in a front pocket (like in a hoodie) or on the inside of my arm in my armpit. I could hold it in my free arm also and he wont look at it, he will only look up because at his phase in training he knows what GETS him the ball and he doesnt need the lure.

Thanks for watching!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

just the family crazyness that comes along once in a while! I think everyone can relate to it!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts

He does have good focus and a really nice bounce to his steps! It's really cool that you're already teaching him UD exercises.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yep, he can do every exercise from every level. The only one we have barely worked on is the drop on recall from the Open level. I just do random downs with him at this point, but we havent done the exercise the "formal" way.

He actually was doing scent discrimination at 11 weeks! Now its just a matter of fine tuning and proofing around distractions, which is our biggest obstical, he's such a silly boy and whenever he sees people, he just has the most overwhelming urge to drag me to go say "HI!!!!" by jumping, licking, hugging, and trying to sit in strangers laps! Ive never seen a dog that truely LOVES people as much as him!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts

He is going to blow all the dogs away when he goes for his CD title!

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts

That was great to watch, Kelly! Love how happy and animated he is , very good for a 9 month old! Has he tried to grab the pompoms off your hat yet? LOL!!

That stand was so solid! Stand is one of the hardest things I find to try and teach my dogs. Watch it that he does not push into you when heeling - it distracts slightly from the overall picture.

That is great focus! I'm jealous!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yes! He has tried to grab those pom poms! Thats why he was crowding me a bit in the video lol. I forgot that he thinks that hat is a toy for him, but it was really cold out! He will also grab my hair if its in a pony tail, I swear he thinks everything on this earth is a toy for his enjoyment...nutty dog

we're also working on him learning to "put on the brakes" when he comes in for fronts. He's just got so much enthusiasm, he comes full speed and forgets to slow down and instead uses my body to stop himself lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts