German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry all. Someone sent me an email with a very convoluted story. Shadow, a GSD from Louisville belongs to a blind man named David. David let the dog into the yard to do her business. He did not know the gate was opened. The dog left the yard. A neighbor tripped over the dog and skinned her knees. David was being charged with having a loose dog. The dog was taken in by a rescue. Neighbor is now filing charges. The dog was supposed to die today.

That was the gist of the story. I was asked to crosspost. Asked to contact Louisville Metro Animal Services. I tried doing a search on this story and found nothing. Has anyone heard this story? If today was Shadow's last day, it is already too late. Horrible story if it is factual.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Well that would be horrible, how could they take a dog in that fashion. Stupid neighbor anyway!!!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was never able to get any follow-up to this story. The person who sent it to me, does not know what happened to the dog. I would think Shadow was a service dog, but don't know. I understand KY has some strict laws about dogs running loose. I don't know if this was the first offense. It does seem that perhaps a blind guy could be cut a little slack for not being able to see that the gate was open. Guess that is not excuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts