German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Both the boys use to do this when they were younger, not sure what Ranger would do with one now though. My girls fixation is on yellow jackets this time of year. Zoey snapped and ate so many at the river one day it caught a woman's attention. She asked me if Zoey would get sick from eating them and I replied no, it will make her venomous. She didn't think it was funny, but I did.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Something about the crinkle of plastic is what gets Nyx going, she loves it! One of my fondest memories of her puppyhood was when I picked up 2 plastic milk jugs for the first time and rubbed them against each other. Nyx looked a bit shocked at the sound...for a second, then charged right back to attack them! She's an oddball, anything noisy gets her excited!

She is also a master thief. I can't leave anything in the wheelbarrow after doing yard work or she'll steal in all and spread it all over the yard. Even the fire pit is not safe without a cover, she steals all the partially burnt logs out and spreads them all around! And the funniest part of this is how gall dern happy she is about doing it!

Recycling items have been her favorite toys her whole life. Conventional dog toys just get consumed! And they mostly squeak, which is good, but of the numerous toys she's had that did, once ripped apart I've only found one squeaker LOL!

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The yellow and black flies, I think they are called hoverflies, seem to be Shadows new favorite snack. She hunts them like an insane thing. Lol. I thought it was wasps, and did caution her that they bite back which she should know since she was attacked by a swarm as a youngster, but nope just harmless flying snacks.

·
Super Moderator
8,480 Posts
Keystone is obsessed with toilet paper rolls... just the cardboard insert tho! Comes running when he hears the sound of the last piece of tp coming off.

Reactions: Sabis mom

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bud liked tp rolls and paper towel rolls. He would grab them and prance around like a conquering hero.

About once a year Sabi would tp the house when I left her behind. She always managed to do it without removing the end from the roll or tearing the paper. Very weird.

·
Super Moderator
5,124 Posts
I had a room where we watched t.v. and allowed our big-boy to destroy plastic juice bottles and milk jugs and pine cones and large cardboard boxes. He hasn't torn up cardboard in quite awhile now, but might still chomp a plastic jug if I put some treats into it.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had any number of people tell me that letting Shadow shred cardboard is a bad idea, I see no harm. It's everything from McD's burger boxes to the Dewalt box. As long as it's cardboard she will shred it. She actually gets all excited when she sees me with a box but she has NEVER even looked at the multitude of boxes I had packed in the spare/dog room.

·
Super Moderator
5,124 Posts
I have had any number of people tell me that letting Shadow shred cardboard is a bad idea, I see no harm. It's everything from McD's burger boxes to the Dewalt box. As long as it's cardboard she will shred it. She actually gets all excited when she sees me with a box but she has NEVER even looked at the multitude of boxes I had packed in the spare/dog room.
We had a bunch of cardboard moving boxes. Somehow my dogs only nibbled the corner of one. They figured out the boxes weren't for them. I do suggest you watch out for packing tape and staples. But boxes like the one's Chewy's uses, so long as they aren't using them like chewing gum, I imagine should be fine.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We had a bunch of cardboard moving boxes. Somehow my dogs only nibbled the corner of one. They figured out the boxes weren't for them. I do suggest you watch out for packing tape and staples. But boxes like the one's Chewy's uses, so long as they aren't using them like chewing gum, I imagine should be fine.
I always watch for staples. She doesn't get those boxes at all just in case I miss one. She doesn't even really chew it, she just tears it and spits it out. It's sort of weird to watch and I cannot figure out why she does it. It's almost like they make her angry. Lol.
I have recently started using her to flatten plastic bottles.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
All of my dogs were given cardboard boxes to play with when they were young, they loved them. The only one who still thinks it's fun to shred a box is Piper. (she's 6) Makes a mess but she has a ball doing it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts