German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please pray that all goes well for shadow today. We dropped her off this morning for a lumpectomy.
She has developed a wart type thing on her lower lip, it has been knocked during play once or twice and bleed, so we have opted to have it removed and sent to the lab to make sure it's nothing more sinister. She was a little distressed about being back at the vets. We will pick her up this afternoon, unless an emergency comes to the vet clinic (that will take priority). Thank goodness the pen had a wired over roof, she would have jumped over it to get back out.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Aww poor girl. She's in my prayers.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
I will surely be praying for Shadow.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Sending lots of healing thoughts your way!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
sending good vibes to shadow,,please let us know how she does:)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
My prayers for Shadow.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Thanks all. she's only been gone for and hour and a half and our house is sooooo quiet without her. :(
I hear you on that. It was so quiet and lonely here when Shasta had to spend the night at the hospital. :eek:(

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
My pack has their paws crossed for luck.......really, they do. It's precious.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
How is Shadow? Hoping she is home now recuperating :hugs:

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Hope shadow is doing good this morning.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi guys, thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers.
Sorry I couldn't up date last night. Shadow didn't have her op until much later in the day, closer to 4.30-5pm. The clinic (vet hospital) had had some emergencies come in so they always take priority. We picked her up at 6.30pm last night because, we'd already told them we don't want her staying unless she absolutely has to (she is scared of the vets). She came home and slept for a few hours. She woke up around 10pm very hungry, so my son gave her a little bit of bland food, but she was really confused that her little (yappy dog) brothers weren't having their dinner to.
She is now in bed in my sons room, so I haven't seen her this morning yet (she likes to sleep in).
I had a quick look at where her lump/wart thing was on her lip and I must say they've done a great job because I can't tell that there was ever anything there or that she has a couple of stitches. Mind you I haven't looked real close yet though.
As to the results from the lab for whatever this growth was, we wont have those for maybe up to 10 days. So fingers still crossed. When I can I might see if my son can post a pic of the growth, for future reference for others. Once again thanks every one.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Glad Shadow is now home and that the tests will come back ok.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Good to hear that she's feeling fine and won't have a big nasty scar. Hopefully it's nothing more than a wart

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We had to take Shadow back to the vet tonight. She knocked her wound and opened it up a little and had blood every where.
She was let out to go to the toilet, naughty girl grabbed her jolly ball and ran under the 16 foot trampoline, she had a lovely time playing keepings off with mum and dad. She kept dropping her ball and picking it back up, needless to say the thing was covered in blood by the time we nabbed her. She is so sick of being cooped up after the last two ops, she isn't coming in when we call her, she runs around like the mad hatter. :crazy:
I rang the vet first for an appointment, the woman was kinda rude and told us she shouldn't have been outside. I told her the vet had told us she would be fine to go right back to normal activities. No appointments were available, but if we were willing to wait they would eventually get to her. Fine we will wait. Ha we didn't wait even two minutes, Shadow was not happy about being back at the vets, so the vet nurse took her threw straight away. ;)
They weren't gone long, Shadow realized mum and dad weren't with her and dragged the nurse back to us very quickly, she'd even managed to get her halti off. The nurse commented on how strong she is and how unhappy to leave us she was. The vet had apparently had just enough time to have a quick look at the wound and say that it would be fine, yes it is slightly open but the rest is healing nicely, we just need to keep it clean. It isn't bad enough to warrant sedation and another stitch or staple. I think she will now have a scar. :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts